Safety rules ignored in shooting range incident that paralyzed man, lawsuit alleges

Thread: Safety rules ignored in shooting range incident that paralyzed man, lawsuit alleges

Safety rules ignored in shooting range incident that paralyzed man, lawsuit alleges

NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

Looks like a valid suit by the victim, based on what I read in that report. People just don't seem to learn because this has happened several times before. There was a rather famous case in Baltimore involving a Baltimore LEA training event a few years ago where EXACTLY the same mishap occurred.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Wow, terrible. Hope he wins but that will never replace what was taken away from him.
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    What a tragedy, a simple, foreseeable and avoidable screw up. Just the life care cost for the poor guy will be astronomical. Pray for him.

Similar happened here in Florida (west coast, I think) a couple of years ago. Except it was a citizen participating in a demonstration that was supposed to use "blanks." Oops.... officer dude forgot to change his ammo. Shot and killed a woman.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Similar happened here in Florida (west coast, I think) a couple of years ago. Except it was a citizen participating in a demonstration that was supposed to use "blanks." Oops.... officer dude forgot to change his ammo. Shot and killed a woman.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-simulation/
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    A former forum member was there when it happened.
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

& the cop that did it just went to prison for it, not long ago

Distinguished Member
    The K9 officer that shot the older lady in Fla got fired, the court gave him 10 years probation I thought. Maybe I’m wrong?

The Stroudsburg shooting was done by a 28 year old “actor” who played a bad guy in force on force training. Apparently the training facility rented out to his group to do the enactments/training. Looks like he had a permit and failed to switch weapons after lunch. They found him across the street standing there when he was grabbed. I’m sure that didn’t help his cause.

His Agg Assault charge will unlikely stick, Reckless Endangerment would probably stick and discharging a weapon in an occupied building seems an overcharge. He will get hammered I’d be pretty sure, appears he is not LEO.

Sposors