Florida Concealed Carry banner

Follow up with PBSO on gun removal from car

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  NotXskinnyXBarbie 
#1 ·
Ok here is the follow up on the traffic stop from last week.

Spoke with the LT Night Shift Commander today.
He informed me he contacted the shift sergeant the next day, identified the officer and they pulled the camera footage. He and the sergeant agreed that it was a training issue, glad that it was brought to their attention. Informed me it he was glad it was a guy like me and not someone that would make the officers life miserable. At the following days shift meeting reviewed both department policy and the legal issue regarding taking a gun out or a car during a traffic stop.
Again thanked me for the heads up and assured me it would not happen again.

#2 ·
again, well played...

#3 ·
Most excellent result, Bob. Well done, sir! :2thumsup

#6 ·
Thank you Bob. Great “teaching moment” and you seized the opportunity. We all benefit from your advocacy.

#8 ·
I just do what I think is right. I probably could have made some money off this. Not my style. I have had cops give me a break before. This officer just reaped the benefit of others that gave me a break. I just gave him one. Next time I won't and informed the LT of that.

#14 ·
Thanks for the follow up. Couldn't follow the story on my own so.. Thanks for bringing it back here!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.