Vehicle Surrounded by Aggressive Mob - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle Surrounded by Aggressive Mob

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
    I’ll wait for the five minute active self protection video.
    Same here. I clicked on it, saw it was 56 minutes long, and said to myself "I got better things to do with the next hour!"

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    Same here. I clicked on it, saw it was 56 minutes long, and said to myself "I got better things to do with the next hour!"
    It's worth it! See my previous comment to 7.62.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I took the time to watch it. Fast forwarded through the initial introduction.
    He's a bit loquacious, but since he's a lawyer that's to be expected.
    He did try to be very precise and explicit in his explanations.
    Mr. Ed < of course^2>
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    SAF & CCRKBA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    I took the time to watch it. Fast forwarded through the initial introduction.
    He's a bit loquacious, but since he's a lawyer that's to be expected.
    He did try to be very precise and explicit in his explanations.
    There's a word we don't see very often! Loquacious!

I liked that he went over the various viable options (and their legal justifications) at each stage.
    Last edited by racer88; 03-04-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I'll watch it tonight. Don't think I'll have time till then but I always learn something from Mr. Branca's videos!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

All kinds of laws to protect the aggressors but not much to protect a victim.
    Sad
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    He's a bit loquacious...
    I have never -- and I mean NEVER! -- seen a youtube video longer than about 5-6 minutes that wasn't a huge waste of time. Even if there is a lot of good information in them, they still waste lots of time with the narrator droning on when he should get to the point. These guys ALL seem to love nothing more than to hear themselves talk.

The quote above is a more polite, more eloquent way of saying that.

By the way, that is why I like Brownie's videos. They are short and to the point. He seems to be more interested in sharing useful information than he is in admiring the sound of his own voice. In that regard, he is refreshingly rare among youtubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    I have never -- and I mean NEVER! -- seen a youtube video longer than about 5-6 minutes that wasn't a huge waste of time. Even if there is a lot of good information in them, they still waste lots of time with the narrator droning on when he should get to the point. These guys ALL seem to love nothing more than to hear themselves talk.

The quote above is a more polite, more eloquent way of saying that.

By the way, that is why I like Brownie's videos. They are short and to the point. He seems to be more interested in sharing useful information than he is in admiring the sound of his own voice. In that regard, he is refreshingly rare among youtubers.
    In general, I agree. In today's instant gratification world, any video longer than 3 minutes is likely to lose viewers. For websites, they say you have 3 seconds to grab the visitor's attention. Otherwise, they hit the "back" button. THREE SECONDS. I am fairly well-versed in website marketing and even wrote a book about it for my professional colleagues. Created my own website in 1999 and did all the SEO and updates until just a few years ago. Three seconds! So, I get that attention span stuff.

But, I think this particular video is more of a COURSE in the legal use of force. He covers a LOT of lethal force law, even though this video does not involve actual use of lethal force.

I thought the video was very compelling (thanks to Lautermilch for posting it here, which is where I first saw it). So, I forwarded it to Mr. Branca, for the "heckuvit," figuring he probably gets a TON of "suggestions" from his viewers / subscribers. He answered me back fairly quickly, saying, "This is a GREAT video. I'm going to move it up and use it for this week's AAR."

Cool! I was looking forward to his analysis, because I thought the video presented the opportunity to answer a LOT of questions about "what can I do if this happens?"

Again... this video is a mini-course on the legal justifications and ramifications of the use of lethal force, by using a scenario that is far more plausible to most of us than the ever-popular convenience store and Brazilian street robberies of off-duty police officers (the only ones allowed to carry in Brazil). Fun to watch, yes. Applicable to most of us? Not hardly.

BTW, I'm not compensated for promoting Andrew's video! LOL! No vested interest. But, I thought his analysis and advice were WELL-worth the 50 minutes (if you skip the promotions at the start of the video).
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member
    My Trackhawk has 707 horsepower and a launch control feature for creepers standing in front of my family reaching into their jacket. It locks both differentials, distributes power 50/50 and comes out of the hole like a bull being released out of the chute at a rodeo. Just hope if this ever happened I wouldn’t be in my 1983 Mercedes 300SD.

Bike lady seemed an obvious loon. The drivers race was a definite factor of course, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    This one is quite simple (to me). Looks like a gang of tweakers (meth heads).

First... lock your damned car doors! I can't believe his doors weren't locked.

As soon as they started beating on the car and trying to open my doors, I'm hitting the gas. If I run over someone, then so be it. I'm GTFO. I won't need my gun. My car is my weapon. And, with the video evidence, it's quite obvious it would be self-defense.

The driver was far more patient than I would have been. He waited too long to act, and it could have gotten very ugly.
    I agree with you, with video evident, run them over, enter my car with me and my kids, you're DEAD MEAT!

Sposors