Boca Raton: Indoor ranges and gun stores
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Boca Raton: Indoor ranges and gun stores

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    7

    Boca Raton: Indoor ranges and gun stores

    What's the best place to shoot in the Boca Raton area that has affordable memberships?

    Also where's the best local gun store?

  2. #2
    Distinguished Member bttbbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida, United States
    Posts
    13,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc9hta View Post
    What's the best place to shoot in the Boca Raton area that has affordable memberships?

    Also where's the best local gun store?
    No ranges in Boca. The only real gun store is Gunshine Arms on Dixie Hywy. Tell Nick I sent you. The closest indoor range is Delray shooting ctr just off of Linton Blvd in Delray.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    South Florida Gun School
    www.sflagunschool.com
    Facebook Page- South Florida Gun School

    "Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    BeerHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PBC
    Posts
    25,347
    I use Gunshine Arms on Dixie in Boca as my FFL frequently and Nick is very helpful with decent rates. Besides Delray Shooting Center that Bob mentions, the next closest range is in Deerfield on Power line south of Hillsborough Blvd. I forget the name. I've shot at both but it's a little easier to get a lane IMHO at Delray Shooting Center. I wish there was an outdoor range closer to Boca but until the WPB area FWC range opens, it's worth the trek to get to Okeechobee Shooting Sports as it's a great, we'll run range.
    -BH

    Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

    “The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell


    "The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    I use Gunshine Arms on Dixie in Boca as my FFL frequently and Nick is very helpful with decent rates. Besides Delray Shooting Center that Bob mentions, the next closest range is in Deerfield on Power line south of Hillsborough Blvd. I forget the name. I've shot at both but it's a little easier to get a lane IMHO at Delray Shooting Center. I wish there was an outdoor range closer to Boca but until the WPB area FWC range opens, it's worth the trek to get to Okeechobee Shooting Sports as it's a great, we'll run range.
    The Deerfield range is "Gun World".
    They have a very nice indoor range.
    I hear the indoor range at Delray Shooting Center is a bit dumpy with small lane tables, but I've not shot there myself.

  6. #5
    Senior Member MrScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,272
    I live very close to, and work in the same complex as the Delray shooting range. I will go out of my way to go elsewhere, including going all the way down to Nexxus in Davie. The Delray range is tiny, has tiny lanes, poor lighting, poor ventilation, and disinterested customer service.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    John Adams From: http://www.liberty1.org/virtue.htm

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member racer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,922
    I think the nicest indoor range in Palm Beach County is Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd near the turnpike (West Palm Beach).

    It's the newest. Customer service is decent. I've had good experiences there. The only downside of ANY indoor range is... it's an indoor range. So, it's loud and can be crowded during busy times. You can't observe the other shooters unless you step back out of your "booth." And, when they're crowded, the law of averages means there will be idiots there. So, step out of your booth and look around periodically.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

    "Dances with guns."

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    77
    I live in Boca Raton and regularly shoot at Gun World of South Florida, which Beerhunter notes as being on Powerline south of Hillsboro. This range is in Deerfield Beach, in the northern part of Broward County, just south of Boca Raton. It is clean, with good ventilation, modern equipment, good AC, and decent lighting. Range officers watch the 2 ranges, and it is very well run in general. They also have a decent stock of firearms, especially pistols. I have used them as an FFL for transfers. Shoot Straight is a good facility, too, but a longer drive for me. I’ve found Delray Shooting Center unappealing, although they have a nice selection of 1911s for sale. I’ve been to other ranges in Palm Beach County that I consider terrible - I almost passed out in one from poor ventilation and lousy AC.

    Shoot Straight has a big selection of firearms, and will also send items ordered from their warehouse or other stores in the state to West Palm Beach. For deals and smaller shops in the area, use the Davidson’s website - Gallery of Guns - and use them to find other dealers nearby.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator
    BeerHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PBC
    Posts
    25,347
    Can't argue with the assessments of Delray Shooting Center compared to Gun World in Deerfield, especially the smaller shooting tables and narrower lanes at DSC. However, Bob's response that DSC is the closest range to Boca is accurate.
    -BH

    Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

    “The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell


    "The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member The Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Beach of The Boyntons
    Posts
    4,895
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I think the nicest indoor range in Palm Beach County is Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd near the turnpike (West Palm Beach).

    It's the newest. Customer service is decent. I've had good experiences there. The only downside of ANY indoor range is... it's an indoor range. So, it's loud and can be crowded during busy times. You can't observe the other shooters unless you step back out of your "booth." And, when they're crowded, the law of averages means there will be idiots there. So, step out of your booth and look around periodically.
    Doc; You and i agree on this.
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"



    U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1825-H) O-3


    Life Member V V A

    N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

    MAKE AMERICA AMERICAN AGAIN

Sposors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •