[VIDEO] How the U.S. Government Obtains and Uses Cellphone Location Data - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [VIDEO] How the U.S. Government Obtains and Uses Cellphone Location Data

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Nor agencies being able to listen to everything being said within range of the mic. Only way to keep some from listening in is to take the batt out of the phone. I have an "acquaintance" whose agency can hear everything you say even with the phone turned off. He regularly takes his batt out of the phone when we're speaking face to face and HIS "acquaintance" works within the part of that agency that can and does listen in to anyone they find of interest for any reason, or no reason at all.

Me, I don't give a crap about what they hear or where they can track my movements. I'm not discussing anything that would threaten gov or it's agents.
    That's a pretty sophisticated attack, and it's not one that an RF bag is going to solve.
    Your "acquaintance" may be talking about a MEMS microphone attack, which requires close proximity to pull off, and even then requires cell phone isolation.
    Wouldn't work too well in a crowded conference room, for example - I mean unless you're deep-state and really have the time and energy to put something like that together (i.e., embedding transducers in the conference room table).

For the topic here, turning the phone OFF, airplane mode, putting the handset in a (sufficiently) RF shielded bag (for conditions present), or removing the battery all result in the same thing: Loss of network synchronization. Without that, the cellular networks have no idea where you are, or even who you are. They can't see you, and so they can not track you.

Without getting into all the technical details, I will leave you with this one fact about LTE handsets:
    Did you know the cell network continuously instructs your handset how much power to broadcast?
    And that it updates these instructions at a rate of 1,500 times per second?
    3G, 4G and 5G networks require all users to share the same spectrum (2G was channelized).
    Modern networks must ensure that all handset "hitting" a tower all arrive at the same RF power, otherwise they would not be able to unscramble the signals.
    (There's obviously more to that, and I've taken great liberties in simplifying it here.)

Many people simply don't know how tightly coupled the handset is to your everyday movements (read: privacy), and the quick example above usually drives home the point.

Enjoy!!

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    My research tonight indicates that the Faraday/RFID type bag may or may not have a significant impact upon privacy, but that putting the phone in "airplane mode" would solve the battery issue you mentioned, if you are going to use the bag anyway.

Maybe I will just never leave the house.
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Ya all have to know by now that it does not matter because they have your whole life history in their files.It is not only the government but many other agencies also have your life history in their files.
    You can't hide because they will find you if they want you.
    If you are an American citizen and were born in this country, You are already on file.
    If you jumped the border and got here illegally, you are safe from all of the surveillance.
    Like the old saying::: You can run but you can't hide
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

If you think your cell phone is the only way of being tracked then you are dreaming. New technology such as face recognition with all the cameras around the country, automatic license plate scanning by many of the various law enforcement agencies, traffic cameras at many intersections and main roadways and interstate highways, credit card records, debit card records, store security cameras, and don't forget about people who advertise their whereabouts on multiple social media web sites. The only thing missing is a computer locator chip implant for everyone of us. So don't worry so much about your cell phone. Remember the government is here to help us when we need them. That is why they want to keep track of us.
    LIFE MEMBER DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
    Veterans Helping Veterans
    For help with Veterans Claims. : http://www.dav.org/veterans/find-your-local-office/

NavyCPO
    YES, Just what I have been saying all along.

Anybody want to follow me around will be bored to death in a week.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Sposors