Bill targets kids who post photos with an illegal firearm on social media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill targets kids who post photos with an illegal firearm on social media

Thumbs down Bill targets kids who post photos with an illegal firearm on social media

Distinguished Member
    Why is it insane to hold a child committing a criminal act accountable? What do you favor, giving them a participation trophy?
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

Quote Originally Posted by OHEng View Post
    Why is it insane to hold a child committing a criminal act accountable? What do you favor, giving them a participation trophy?
    You don't see how this can be abused by the government?

I don't see how this isn't a clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Misleading subject line... of course.

The actual headline: Bill targets kids who post photos with an illegal firearm on social media

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy
    would allow police to arrest juveniles for illegal possession of firearms and charge them with a misdeameanor if they post their vanity videos and photos showing off their illegal weapons on social media.

Under the measure, police could make the arrest without a warrant, as long as there is probable cause to believe the young person has illegally possessed the weapons.
    It’s against Florida law for anyone under age 18 to possess a firearm unless they are target shooting or hunting with an adult.
    So, the question is.... how does law enforcement know (or suspect) the gun is "illegal?" I think this is just a way to get to known criminals or juveniles with a record sooner. I doubt very much that my photos of my girl with a gun will be targeted by LE.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Misleading subject line... of course.

The actual headline: Bill targets kids who post photos with an illegal firearm on social media

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

So, the question is.... how does law enforcement know (or suspect) the gun is "illegal?" I think this is just a way to get to known criminals or juveniles with a record sooner. I doubt very much that my photos of my girl with a gun will be targeted by LE.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! "The bill would arrest kids for taking pictures with guns" is incorrect, it's kids with illegal guns. Once again, OP's reading comprehension is 3rd grade at best.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    BINGO!!!!!!!!! "The bill would arrest kids for taking pictures with guns" is incorrect, it's kids with illegal guns. Once again, OP's reading comprehension is 3rd grade at best.
    It really bothers me the way you insult 3rd graders.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I doubt very much that my photos of my girl with a gun will be targeted by LE.
    Your faith in government is quite disturbing.

Of course this will be abused. Every encroachment on TRTKBA is eventually pushed over the line and abused.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    It really bothers me the way you insult 3rd graders.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by jackhinson View Post
    Your faith in government is quite disturbing.

Of course this will be abused. Every encroachment on TRTKBA is eventually pushed over the line and abused.
    Your ability to get subject matter correct in your posts is more disturbing.

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Distinguished Member
    It has the exact same probability as any other law does of being abused. You're one of the few people I know who unfailingly look at a law first by it's abuse factor rather than what purpose the law actually fills.

As the article states, there is some correlation between youth violence and videos/photos posted on SM where the images serve as some kind of warning or challenge between parties that often leads to actual violence. So when little Billy decides to get on FB with some video in which he goes full gansta, it ought to prompt the question, "Where did Billy get that firearm he's waving all over the place while talking smack?"

Since Billy cannot buy one, and Billy cannot possess one, then it must be mom or dad just shooting a little footage just before they give Billy and his HiPoint a ride to his deer stand... that what you think is going on here? And you don't think a LEA has enough sense to see the difference between Billy bosting about zipping his competition and Billy in treebark cammo and orange hat posing with a deer?

This has better potential for a bigger nothingburger than all the crap you've promised we were going to see with Red Flag laws (and didn't). Yeah, this could be the sort of "Dave's Double with cheese" of sky-is-falling predictions.
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

Sposors