Hillsborough Sheriff dept makes illegal firearm arrest, brags about it on Facebook... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Hillsborough Sheriff dept makes illegal firearm arrest, brags about it on Facebook...

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member Earl 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    lakeland fl
    Posts
    7,161
    For the record I have nothing but respect for LE, we all make mistakes.
    Florida CWFL Member NRA , Florida Carry

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Doubtful. Too many local sheriffs wouldn’t enforce. Any hypothetical confiscation would like be federally enforced by military, or at state level, national guard. I don’t see local cops doing it.
    You do realize that the Sheriff's Association in most states actively lobby in favor of gun control, right? Also, most city cops are anti-gun.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhinson View Post
    You do realize that the Sheriff's Association in most states actively lobby in favor of gun control, right? Also, most city cops are anti-gun.
    Maybe most states. Not this one.

    I also don’t believe that about city cops for a second. I grew up around cops, have tons of friend that are cops, interact daily with cops from feds to locals professionally, and there are very few that are anti gun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    14,906
    Actually, the Sherrifs Assn has lobbied against open carry in this state every time it comes up
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

    I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

    COTEP #523
    Founding Member

  6. #35
    Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheknow View Post
    A warrantless protective frisk of a vehicle's passenger compartment is authorized for weapons immediately accessible by a suspect, based on reasonable suspicion, even if said suspect is outside the vehicle.
    Will you please cite the statute or case which you're basing this information?


    -on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

  7. #36
    Distinguished Member brownie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Superstition Mtns, Az
    Posts
    53,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Maybe most states. Not this one.

    I also don’t believe that about city cops for a second. I grew up around cops, have tons of friend that are cops, interact daily with cops from feds to locals professionally, and there are very few that are anti gun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's been my experience with local and state leo's.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

    Stay Sharp

    Brownie

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member AFJuvat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheknow View Post
    A warrantless protective frisk of a vehicle's passenger compartment is authorized for weapons immediately accessible by a suspect, based on reasonable suspicion, even if said suspect is outside the vehicle.
    ITK
    It is almost as if MAC45 returned from the great beyond, with a faint smell of fluffer about them.....
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

    https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
    Actually, the Sherrifs Assn has lobbied against open carry in this state every time it comes up
    A far cry from gun grabbing, though.

    I’m not a fan of open carry myself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Will you please cite the statute or case which you're basing this information?


    -on Tapatalk
    Sure!

    US v. McCraney 674 F.3d 614 (6th Cir. 2012)

  11. #40
    Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    14,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    A far cry from gun grabbing, though.

    I’m not a fan of open carry myself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then don't open carry. But as public employees, they should not be allowed to lobby against a Constitutional right. And they are just that, employees
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

    I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

    COTEP #523
    Founding Member

Sposors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •