today
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: today

today

I am so proud of my country. Today we actually got a lesson in why the Constitution is so important. Here is a fact.
    We have 3 branches of government for a reason. Today you learned why.
    A one sided House can not overturn 200 yrs of our Republic.
    Here is the lesson for the Schiffs, Nadler and Pelosi’s of this world.
    It’s simple our forefathers knew there would be a situation just like this.
    The House has sole power of impeachment. But with that power comes responsibility to not be partisan hacks. They need to investigate, call witnesses and subpoena evidence. They need to put a case together that is bipartisan.
    If the executive branch claims executive privilege as they have the right. The House can contest that EP to the Supreme Court to force the Executive Branch to comply with their subpoenas. Expediency is not in the Constitution.
    Once the House has their case completely ready. They bring the charge to the House floor. If impeachment is warranted, they take their case to the Senate.
    The Senate has the sole power for the trial. They get to decide if the impeached is guilty or not guilty. Their job is not to do the job of the House and continue the investigation.
    Juries do not call witnesses.
    Regardless of what you think of Trump. Our 200 plus yr Constitution worked exactly as it was meant to.
    Our founding fathers were geniuses.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    South Florida Gun School
    www.sflagunschool.com
    Facebook Page- South Florida Gun School

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I am in complete agreement. Partisan impeachment and politics is not healthy. The House set the precedent in their treatment during their time and with their votes of what to allow and not allow. It’s sad they did what they did but I also understand the tactical play. They knew up front they could not win so they relied on a strategy which would pass off responsibility to the Senate where they could make an argument using their state run media owners to make it appear the senate is corrupt. They knew going in that they had nothing so figured they if they could play this right they may take the senate in next election. They are not that stupid. They stay up all night, countless hours playing out scenarios and probabilities.

I pray our citizens are savvy enough to see through this sham. No matter how people feel about the president he was denied a fair trial and due process in the House. Ultimately the Senate decided turnabout was fair play and that they would not let the House dictate procedure in the senate when they gave no concessions (which house democrats knew and expected)

I honestly do pray for our country, I feel our politicians and the media have failed us and done us a disservice, but at the same time that the democrats set a dirty plate on the table so they could ask for a free meal.

Let’s be vigilant. Let’s I discuss with others not from a point of political affiliation with others but from the point of fairness and equity under our laws and Constitution. Let’s teach and be reasonable. My main message to political persons on the left is that they should vote to reject this divisiveness to restore the Democrat party to what it was as many on the left tried to do during the tea party movement. Reject extremism in order to have them produce candidates that COULD be viable to both parties again.

We need to be Americans first. We must not forget what makes America stand apart from other nations and governments. It’s good that we don’t want to be part of their new world order. We are, after all, Rebels.
    Last edited by gatorhazard; 02-01-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Yup, yup, yup.

The dems are acting like petulant children not getting their way.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by bttbbob View Post
    I am so proud of my country. Today we actually got a lesson in why the Constitution is so important. Here is a fact.
    We have 3 branches of government for a reason. Today you learned why.
    A one sided House can not overturn 200 yrs of our Republic.
    Here is the lesson for the Schiffs, Nadler and Pelosi’s of this world.
    It’s simple our forefathers knew there would be a situation just like this.
    The House has sole power of impeachment. But with that power comes responsibility to not be partisan hacks. They need to investigate, call witnesses and subpoena evidence. They need to put a case together that is bipartisan.
    If the executive branch claims executive privilege as they have the right. The House can contest that EP to the Supreme Court to force the Executive Branch to comply with their subpoenas. Expediency is not in the Constitution.
    Once the House has their case completely ready. They bring the charge to the House floor. If impeachment is warranted, they take their case to the Senate.
    The Senate has the sole power for the trial. They get to decide if the impeached is guilty or not guilty. Their job is not to do the job of the House and continue the investigation.
    Juries do not call witnesses.
    Regardless of what you think of Trump. Our 200 plus yr Constitution worked exactly as it was meant to.
    Our founding fathers were geniuses.
    That bipartisan part did not happen in the house.
    It may have appeared to have happened in the news for the easily lead.
    But the house hearing was a one sided rushed, railroad job.

No number of words no matter how eloquently written or spoken will change that piece of history.

Trump 2020
    Impeachment hearings are simply democrat campaign ads, paid for by taxpayers, to convict Trump in the court of public opinion.

Well said, Gator.
    Mr. Ed < of course^2>
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    SAF & CCRKBA Member

Yes, it worked out in this case, but flip just two or three senate seats and the outcome is different.

Did I miss something, is Trump in the clear?
    Impeachment hearings are simply democrat campaign ads, paid for by taxpayers, to convict Trump in the court of public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    Did I miss something, is Trump in the clear?
    pretty much, there is talk now though that the House may subpoena Bolton. They are so silly!

Anyone know what’s the line in Vegas on when Impeachment the sequel starts?

Sposors