Florida Concealed Carry banner

Somebody Stop Me!

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Caleb 
#1 ·
STI Stacatto P 2011 enroute from JProArms in Cali. It comes with a 17 round and 20 round mag and I ordered two extra 20 rounders. I hate to stray from .45, but am getting older.

Joe, the apparent owner was delightful. I sat at my bank, he called me back and we did wire transfer on the spot. He gives LEO discount and told me to buy polished steel 20 round mags because the supplied Teflon coated ones are not the best.

Will discuss upon arrival.

#6 ·
This! :grin

#13 · (Edited)
I’ve been out in the gun room gawking like a school kid with a new bike. I think I may have found the perfect carry weapon!

The dealer, who’s card I photographed was pretty amazing too. He explained that the fed spec ops teams and LEO’s using these like the polished steel mags better than the Teflon mags. He had forgotten to send the two mags extra that I ordered. I texted the guy in California this afternoon, he immediately called me, got a shipping address and shipped the mags. I called the dealer a Tuesday, left message. Call returned Wednesday and my Orlando FFL had it at noon Friday.

Apparently these pistols don’t stay around too long. The factory I heard is churning out 300 a day, federal agencies are buying them and they are flying off the shelves at 2k a pop. I can’t wait to loose some rounds tomorrow.

I’m hoping to find a nice holster, kind of a challenge at this moment..

Will advise.

#15 ·
I'm very happy for you and hope it's everything you hoped it would be. I'm also so looking forward to your range report. I know STI makes great 1911s and 2011s so it should be a sweet shooter.
:popcorn

#20 ·
Nice day yesterday. I took a couple hundred rounds of 94 grain frangible Federal ammo and walked out to the range I built.

General impression was this thing is a really soft shooter. It was flawless as far as function. Double taps were very easy and the accuracy was what you would expect from STI.

Trigger pull seems appropriate for a carry gun. Until I find my trigger gauge I will call it 4 to 4.5. The mag release is a little different feeling than I’m used to, but with 20 on tap, not a tactical issue. The trigger was not on par with my Wilson Combat or Ed Brown but close.

With 20 round mag loaded, the gun belt has to do its job for sure. Incidentally, my Panther holster for a 5 inch 1911 seems to work perfectly. I found a Galco IWB in the dead holster drawer that works too.

I’ve shot a 1911 more and more accurately than anything. I had the general feeling that I was a little slower than I would like doing some holster work. I guess a shot timer and a lot of practice will tell the tale.

Overall, it’s a real quality and reasonably priced for the quality pistol that I recommend. Brian Enos Forum has a lengthy discussion on the pistol, very informative. Apparently a large amount of LEO agencies and Spec Op operators use them.

I’m not carrying mine yet, I really want to but just not fast enough yet, maybe grip thickness issue. I remember Little Gator commented how fast I was with my 1911/ safety manipulation, etc. during a class with Brownie in Okeechobee class. Then I had to take a pain pill and told EBL I quit for the second day, homie don’t shoot impaired.

With more practice I think it would work with the 17 round mag for carry very nicely. Just not yet for me. I’m 66 now with more surgeries than toes and fingers from gunshots, knife wounds , two major cancers and multiple spinal fusions. I’m very picky about safety. I’m early in the learning curve with this new one, but frankly, from 5 yards I grabbed the little Shield P.C. .45 I also carried to my range (never shoot yourself out of ammo) and shot failure to stop drills with Corbon 185 DPX rounds and other than uncomfortable recoil, the result, accuracy wise was not much different at that distance.

I love the STI for sure.

Dave Cupp, one of the gunsmiths at STI is a great guy and helped with my .45 2011 I sent back. That fit in my purchase calculation. Will update later.

Shark

#24 ·
So many things go, I’m confused about the order of departure! :aarg

Nice to read about a nice guy’s enthusiasm about his new “toy”. Carry it in good health and wishes for it to serve you well. :thumsup

#25 ·
Thanks dude! Tried to launch the 52 Hatteras at Cape Canaveral. Port motor losing fuel pressure, stumbles, shuts off. Starboard no cooling water. After paying $$ to get it ready to splash.

At least I had new toy, I have gotten old, but the excitement still keeps me awake sometimes.

Aging is mandatory, growing up is not. Hope you are well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.