Pasco County Teacher arrested for bringing loaded gun to school
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pasco County Teacher arrested for bringing loaded gun to school

Pasco County Teacher arrested for bringing loaded gun to school

Not mentioned in article, but live report stated teacher was licensed to carry and forgot gun was in her purse.

https://www.wfla.com/news/pasco-coun...gun-to-school/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Not mentioned in article, but live report stated teacher was licensed to carry and forgot gun was in her purse.

https://www.wfla.com/news/pasco-coun...gun-to-school/

Ouch.... In my own county, no less... And the Sheriff here (Chris Noco) is pretty pro-2A.

I gather the violation was bringing it to a public school, then? How can you "forget" where your firearms are?

Distinguished Member
    What exactly happened here I wonder?

Deputies located the gun following a secondary search of the school following a false report by a student.
    How did a secondary search of the school reveal the contents of her purse?
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
    Ouch.... In my own county, no less... And the Sheriff here (Chris Noco) is pretty pro-2A.

I gather the violation was bringing it to a public school, then? How can you "forget" where your firearms are?
    One of the problems of "off-body" carry!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    One of the problems of "off-body" carry!
    I agree BeerHunter, however I do understand that women have different issues than men, however that being said I do believe everyone needs to know exactly where there firearms are at all times. Forgetting is no excuse. Even though it's a stupid law in the first place.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War: He will win who has military Capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.

Member: COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I agree BeerHunter, however I do understand that women have different issues than men, however that being said I do believe everyone needs to know exactly where there firearms are at all times. Forgetting is no excuse. Even though it's a stupid law in the first place.
    Completely agree on all points!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Talk about bad luck... I was wondering how it was discovered. Then I read that someone called in a threat and her purse was searched as they cleared the school.

If the hoax threat had not been called in, nobody would have been the wiser to her mistake.

The law against lawful concealed carry on school grounds is stupid and harmful.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post

Nocco’s hands were probably tied on this one. He’s been pretty vocal that he thinks teachers should be allowed to carry.

Where in pasco are you? I’m east of Zephyrhills, close to US-98, and the Polk county line.

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Talk about bad luck... I was wondering how it was discovered. Then I read that someone called in a threat and her purse was searched as they cleared the school.

If the hoax threat had not been called in, nobody would have been the wiser to her mistake.

The law against lawful concealed carry on school grounds is stupid and harmful.
    I she forgot it in her purse that day it really was bad luck. Me thinks she might have "forgotten" it in her purse daily until this happened and she got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I doubt that she actually forgot where it was. I suspect that it was more a matter of not being really conscious of what she knew. Had someone asked her where the gun was, she might have known.
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Sposors