Indiana state swat association to sponsor my course for two days - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Indiana state swat association to sponsor my course for two days

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Bureaucracies seem to all be the same corner cutting asses; send staff to training, but don’t provide the tools one needs (enough ammo), to complete the training successfully. They have no idea what the training is or what’s required, but know how much ammo it’s going to take...

Is the 250 rounds the amount their agencies are providing, with Keith providing more, or the actual amount needed? That seems like a minimal amount for an eight hour TFP course and proprioceptive development.
    They provide 250 per and Keith is kicking in 500 more per. He's convinced we're going to get several sheriffs depts wanting to train with us. We've discussed it, a week will be 14K for 10 students a day [ 280.00 a day per ].
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    They provide 250 per and Keith is kicking in 500 more per. He's convinced we're going to get several sheriffs depts wanting to train with us. We've discussed it, a week will be 14K for 10 students a day [ 280.00 a day per ].
    That gets the round count right up there where you’ve held it for as long as I’ve been participating in your courses.

I hope this is just the start of things to come with LEAs and your TFP training. The impact it could have on LEO survival in gunfights would be an epiphany for agencies, and finally get threat focused shooting into the mainstream of firearms training.

I really hope that this training opportunity will garner the recognition that it deserves.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

I read an article recently, I think in the latest Guns and Ammo.

The article was by the retired SO non-com who owns a training business. He was asked to write an article to address point shooting. So, he asked some high level competition shooter which he’d use in a $1000. match, or some such, then made the point that, if you’d use the sights for $1000., why would anyone not use them in a life threatening situation?

That usual comparison of competition shooting to a gunfight always pisses me off, as the answer is so obvious. In a gunfight you have to be fast; not “zero down!”
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 02-10-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    ^^^^
    That SO non-com doesn't know what he doesn't know. Will receive no training from him!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

I read an article recently, I think in the latest Guns and Ammo.

The article was by the retired So non-com who owns a training business. He was asked to write an article to address point shooting. So, he asked some high level competition shooter which he’d use in a $1000. match, or some such, then made the point that, if you’d use the sights for $1000., why would anyone not use them in a life threatening situation?

That usual comparison of competition shooting to a gunfight always pisses me off, as the answer is so obvious. In a gunfight you have to be fast; not “zero down!”
    If one wants any semblance of an intelligent article, one doesn't ask a trainer who has no experience in the subject who then has to go ask others with no experience or knowledge on the subject for content. An opinion piece is fine, but it doesn't speak to facts, thus should be taken with for what it is, an opinion piece.

I remember with disdain how one of the top trainers and gun rag writers, Mas Ayoob, seemed to perennially write a negative article on the failings of threat focused/point shooting skills in the real world calling anyone who offered those skills as a trainer was a snake oil salesman and run as fast as possible away from such people.

Later, in the 80's I was shooting against him monthly in one indoor plate match a month and the GSSF regional once a year. After I handed his ass to him 4 out of 5 relays in the shoot off at the end of the evening one night, he came out to the club house entrance area and asked me how I could shoot so fast and accurately using a milspec nubbed front sight on a ww2 1911a1. Took me totally by surprise and knowing him through his musings in the gun rags, told him I sighted along the side of the slide, I had no need of sights. He rolled his eyes and walked off back to the shooting area. BUT, he couldn't beat me on the plates with is 1200.00 race gun made just for plate shoots either. In those GSSF matches yearly? Beat him there too, he was a great shooter, he just took too long to find his sights against a properly trained threat focused shooter when time was in short supply.

He was writing about point shooting with no knowledge base of the subject nor had the skills to use them. But people were sold on the idea PSing wasn't something to explore, it was snake oil. He didn't know what he didn't know, like most gun writers who speak negatively on the subject. They're opinion pieces written as facts.
    Last edited by brownie; 02-10-2020 at 09:57 AM.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

I believe he was asked to write the article because of the apparent interest in and support of point shooting these days.
    Rick

I believe he was asked to write the article because of the apparent interest in and support of point shooting these days.
    Should have researched his subject and talked to threat focused instructors who also train sights.

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Should have researched his subject and talked to threat focused instructors who also train sights.
    Ain’t that the damn truth!
    Rick

Sposors