Looking for a plunker - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a plunker

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    What racer, bladenbullet, and AFJuvat said! I've also shot the M&P22 quite a bit, but think it's a bit more pricey than you're looking for. I believe most, if not all semiauto .22LR pistols mentioned so far use 10 round magazines. Like bladenbullet, I own a S&W M22A that's a tack driver, too. It also uses 10 round magazines and beakdown for cleaning is very easy. This pic is not mine but an identical example of mine. Picked it up for under $200 from a friend years ago. I also used it to teach my kids gun safety and how to shoot handguns.

Attachment 65561
    I enjoyed shooting that pistol. I'd call it a "poor man's Model 41."
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    I don't ever own Taurus pistols, except I did make an exception for this little .22 LR plinker I found at a gunshow in 2014. It's a 9 shot, Stainless Taurus (model 94SS4) revolver, with wood grips, made in 1994. It's in great shape. I like to use CCI snake shot with it. I think I paid about $180 for it at the gunshow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TAURUS 22 REVO (model 94SS4)  made in 1994.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	65563

Name:  TAURUS 22 REVO (model 94SS4)Stainless.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  24.2 KB
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry45ACP View Post
    I don't ever own Taurus pistols, except I did make an exception for this little .22 LR plinker I found at a gunshow in 2014. It's a 9 shot, Stainless Taurus (model 94SS4) revolver, with wood grips, made in 1994. It's in great shape. I like to use CCI snake shot with it. I think I paid about $180 for it at the gunshow.

Name:	TAURUS 22 REVO (model 94SS4)  made in 1994.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	65563

Name:  TAURUS 22 REVO (model 94SS4)Stainless.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  24.2 KB
    I'm right there with ya! Only one Taurus, and it's a .22 revolver. The Model 94 with a 5" barrel.

I'm thinking Woodsy is looking for a semi-auto. My .22 plinker is the S&W Model 43C.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Starfist52's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    What racer, bladenbullet, and AFJuvat said! I've also shot the M&P22 quite a bit, but think it's a bit more pricey than you're looking for. I believe most, if not all semiauto .22LR pistols mentioned so far use 10 round magazines. Like bladenbullet, I own a S&W M22A that's a tack driver, too. It also uses 10 round magazines and beakdown for cleaning is very easy. This pic is not mine but an identical example of mine. Picked it up for under $200 from a friend years ago. I also used it to teach my kids gun safety and how to shoot handguns.

Hmmm, my M&P 22 has 12 round magazines. Same size as the M&P 9, hammer not striker fired. My wife learned how to shoot with this, and reload magazines. Very reliable for us but is prolly a bit pricier than some of the others mentioned here. Very fun gun to shoot. Runs CCI and Remington Gold Bullet with no problems.
    Republic… I like the sound of the word. Means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, ... John Wayne in The Alamo

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    I'm right there with ya! Only one Taurus, and it's a .22 revolver. The Model 94 with a 5" barrel.

I'm thinking Woodsy is looking for a semi-auto. My .22 plinker is the S&W Model 43C.

-on Tapatalk

I know. But the title just mentioned plinker and my old revo holds 9. Not great for rapid fire, but it's been quite reliable and fun. Tough to beat $180 also...
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Browning Buckmark. Cheap, accurate, reliable and durable. Good for thousands of hiccup free rounds.

Name:	IMG_2906.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	65569

Ruger MKIV. Cheap, accurate, reliable and durable. But, be certain to purchase the MKIV. The MKI, II and III's are a genuine PITA to dis and re-assemble.

Name:	IMG_6936.jpg 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	65571

GSG 1911-22. I have one with several thousand, trouble free rounds through it but, unless you really like the idea of a model 1911A1 to shoot .22 caliber I'd buy the Buckmark or Ruger MKIV because they're way more accurate (and fun).

Name:	1293126714.jpg 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	65573
    Last edited by Big Bore 44; 01-16-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S. Thompson -

Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own: he who, secure within, can say, Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today. - John Dryden

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Barry45ACP View Post
    I know. But the title just mentioned plinker and my old revo holds 9. Not great for rapid fire, but it's been quite reliable and fun. Tough to beat $180 also...
    That's why I use a revolver for a plinker. Eventually I should be able to rapid fire.

• "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    . . . . . . . . I'd call it a "poor man's Model 41."
    Oh yeah! My S&W Model 41 is my favorite .22 caliber semi auto. But, I didn't recommend it because the OP mentioned "reasonable price" as a factor.

Name:	IMG_2903.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	65567
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S. Thompson -

Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own: he who, secure within, can say, Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today. - John Dryden

I have a Ruger SR 22 P that is the least fussy .22 pistol I’ve ever owned! It loads and fires any brand of .22LR ammo that I’ve found so far. It can also be dry fired safety; Ruger says so in the manual.

As much as I hate to say it; the newer Taurus .22 auto pistol has gotten glowing reviews.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

The S&W Victory or M22A I have both and both are easy to clean.
    Florida CWFL Member NRA , Florida Carry

Sposors