Florida Concealed Carry banner

The itch may be back

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
Seems as though the only caliber pistol I've never owned is a 10mm. And since all others I had were lost in the flood I might be looking. Other than Glock ( I hate them) what do y'all recommend?:popcorn

#5 ·
I have an XD(M) 4.5 in 10mm. The capacity is 15+1.

It shoots and carries great, with never the first malfunction from the first shot fired.

I had Jim at Panther make both IWB and OWB holsters when I first got it.

#8 ·
#7 ·
#10 ·
Me too but not affordable to me at the prices they command anymore. Fortis was working on bring them back as an identical exterior to the originals. They bought the name and raven logo too but alas, the project fizzled out and they never finished. I heard some folks even put money down and got screwed. Not sure what the outcome was on them getting their money back.

I planned to buy the Vice edition as soon as it came out. :cry

Click —->here

#13 · (Edited)
I've shot the XD(m) 10mm 5.25 (but not owned one). Decent shooting pistol, if you don't mind the typical XD grip safety. The fiber optic front sight was nice. I also liked the 15+1 capacity and it handled the recoil quite well for a plastic gun. But at $600+ for the longer barrel version, I think I'd consider one used or look for a 4.5".

#20 · (Edited)
^^^^ All 1911’s are suitable for carry pistols; even the full sized ones.

They’re slimmer than any double stack poly pistol, and the weight is a non-issue with a proper belt and holster.

I carry 1911’s all the time using just a tee shirt for a cover garment.

The prevalence of ads in the gun magazines for little self proclaimed “carry guns” in no way means they’re the best choice for carry, just as the endless “pretty picture” ads proclaiming that kimber 1911’s are the best, most reliable available; when nothing could be further from the truth.

As others have noted after seeing the shot that put down the murderer killing innocent people at their church; if your chosen carry gun isn’t capable of making such a shot; you need to make a better choice. If you’re not capable of making such a shot; you probably need to seek additional training. And; target practice isn’t training.

#22 ·
This x ∞! :clap My full-size 1911s conceal better than my double-stack P229s. :pistols

#21 ·
^he's right, you know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.