NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

Super Moderator
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

If someone stops short in front of me and GETS OUT... I'm hitting "Reverse" or going around as quickly as possible. I'm not sticking around to see what happens next.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    If someone stops short in front of me and GETS OUT... I'm hitting "Reverse" or going around as quickly as possible. I'm not sticking around to see what happens next.
    Precisely! Avoid, evade, escape is always my first plan unless cornered, especially when at the wheel of a several thousand pound weapon.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

^^^ +1
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

There will be times where you won't have that option because of cars all around you
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    There will be times where you won't have that option because of cars all around you
    Obviously. Whether that was the case here, or not, was not revealed by the story.

So, yeah... obviously, if I CAN get away (escape / evade), that's my FIRST choice. If I'm stuck, then I'm stuck. But, I would not rule out ramming the car in front of me (or even behind me) to make room to drive away. If lives are on the line, some damaged cars are worth it.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

What the heck is a dash compartment? Is that the PC name for glove compartments?
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Patriot Life Benefactor

Obviously. Whether that was the case here, or not, was not revealed by the story.

So, yeah... obviously, if I CAN get away (escape / evade), that's my FIRST choice. If I'm stuck, then I'm stuck. But, I would not rule out ramming the car in front of me (or even behind me) to make room to drive away. If lives are on the line, some damaged cars are worth it.
    So, that brings us to a hypothetical defense situation. Say, if your stuck where you are, for the sake of argument and this guy jambs brakes, comes to your car , yells a bit and says " I should kill you, then walks back to his vehicle, then comes back toward you, apparently with nothing in his hands. What would be your response ?? I know what I would do but am curious to other opinions.
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    So, that brings us to a hypothetical defense situation. Say, if your stuck where you are, for the sake of argument and this guy jambs brakes, comes to your car , yells a bit and says " I should kill you, then walks back to his vehicle, then comes back toward you, apparently with nothing in his hands. What would be your response ?? I know what I would do but am curious to other opinions.
    To borrow from The Eagles... I'm "Already Gone."
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Sposors