Need another Mag - was thinking about this ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need another Mag - was thinking about this ?

NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    I have nine of them for my G43 and 11 for my G42. They run flawless.

About to head to the gun club with some, actually!

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

I purchase mine from Gun Mag Warehouse. They're about a dollar cheaper and have more colors. (Perhaps promo codes and shipping could sway that.) I prefer to run different colors for the different guns. Gray is 380, red is 9mm, for me.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ets-gloc...-magazine.html

EDIT: $15.99 for the 33 rounder linked above. You posted the 15 round mag. That's $9.99 from them.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ets-gloc...-magazine.html

-on Tapatalk
    Last edited by High Seas Drifter; 01-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

So, they're a couple of bucks cheaper than OEM mags. But, what is the "advantage" of these over OEM mags? We KNOW OEM Glock mags are basically flawless. They just work and work and work.

I tried non-Glock mags ONCE.... I figured I could trust Magpul to make a good Glock mag. Their other mags (AR-15) are great. But, holy crap... their Glock mags turned my uber-reliable Glock 19 into a jam-o-matic! No kidding. I bought five Magpul G19 mags. All five would malfunction at least twice per full load. Pure CRAP. I won't even use them for the range.

Nothing but OEM Glock mags for me from now on.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I have a few and have had no issues with them. Mainly use them for the range and training classes. I do like the fact that you can see the rounds, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    So, they're a couple of bucks cheaper than OEM mags. But, what is the "advantage" of these over OEM mags? We KNOW OEM Glock mags are basically flawless. They just work and work and work.

I tried non-Glock mags ONCE.... I figured I could trust Magpul to make a good Glock mag. Their other mags (AR-15) are great. But, holy crap... their Glock mags turned my uber-reliable Glock 19 into a jam-o-matic! No kidding. I bought five Magpul G19 mags. All five would malfunction at least twice per full load. Pure CRAP. I won't even use them for the range.

Nothing but OEM Glock mags for me from now on.
    Personally I would never buy anything but factory OEM mags for self defense. I know some may work well but....

YMMV
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

Quote Originally Posted by joecarry View Post
    Personally I would never buy anything but factory OEM mags for self defense. I know some may work well but....

YMMV
    I agree. I bought the Magpuls for range use, and figuring they should be good. They weren't even good enough for range use... unless you want to train someone on malfunction clearing. They were GUARANTEED to cause malfunctions. Lots of them.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I agree. I bought the Magpuls for range use, and figuring they should be good. They weren't even good enough for range use... unless you want to train someone on malfunction clearing. They were GUARANTEED to cause malfunctions. Lots of them.
    Agreed..... I even changed over to GI AR mags. The magpul Glock mags I bought are temperamental.

Like I said before tho, those mags in the OP have been flawless (17 and 33 rounders).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback !
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

One advantage is that Glock does not make an OEM extended magazine for the G42 or G43. At least not that I've found. So, when I want to run a hi-cap course with one, these mags allow me to do so.

And at $6 per mag cheaper, times 20 mags, well, that'll buy some diapers for the boy. I work for a nonprofit . . . I should have gone into dentistry. Hermey was right.

-on Tapatalk

Sposors