Self Protection carry long distance into Seaport or other Gun Free Zones - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Self Protection carry long distance into Seaport or other Gun Free Zones

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    Your common sense and situational awareness should be primary weapon. Anything else is just a tool. Speaking of tools, I always keep a giant can of capsaicin bear spray (from Amazon) in each car. It's like a very hot pepper spray & can soak your target(s) up to 30 feet away. Just thinking outside of the box. It can be great for situations like yours and when you're in jogging, walking or riding a bike and want a quieter means for K9 repellant than always being guncentric.
    https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Frontie...dp/B002E6VAHK/
    Last edited by Barry45ACP; 01-10-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl 007 View Post
    I have an outside the box idea a small 36 or 44 cap and ball pistol, if a convicted felon can own one and it's not illegal maybe that could make it through the loophole. At self defence range they were deadly back in the day.
    I would do this if you want a gun.

. . . If legal under USC.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    Start a letter writing campaign to have the facilities provide secure firearms storage for visitors at the gate, much like what is done at county jails?
    Great idea ^^^
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    Start a letter writing campaign to have the facilities provide secure firearms storage for visitors at the gate, much like what is done at county jails?
    Yes!!
    And maybe make sure those letters are addressed to Florida lawmakers?

However, the downside is that if storage is mandated, it makes it easier to have "gun-free zones", and it potentially opens the door to registration, lists, confiscation, etc.., etc..
    Then there is the issue of how, (and how securely) your weapons are stored, even if the State were to enact minimum guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yes!!
    And maybe make sure those letters are addressed to Florida lawmakers?

However, the downside is that if storage is mandated, it makes it easier to have "gun-free zones", and it potentially opens the door to registration, lists, confiscation, etc.., etc..
    Then there is the issue of how, (and how securely) your weapons are stored, even if the State were to enact minimum guidelines.
    Most people of these facilities are privately owned or operated... I don’t see that happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the seaports were worried about you being able to carry, they could have a small parking lot outside their secured area for you to park your vehicle. But I don’t see that happening either.
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

Quote Originally Posted by joecarry View Post
    If the seaports were worried about you being able to carry, they could have a small parking lot outside their secured area for you to park your vehicle. But I don’t see that happening either.
    Yeah, for the company I work for I’d say it’s a non issue. Shoot, they stopped giving us vouchers for required PPE, I highly doubt they’ll spend money on gun storage!

It’s simple, don’t bring it to work. Get caught, get fired. That as far as they‘ve thought it through.

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Yeah, for the company I work for I’d say it’s a non issue. Shoot, they stopped giving us vouchers for required PPE, I highly doubt they’ll spend money on gun storage!

It’s simple, don’t bring it to work. Get caught, get fired. That as far as they‘ve thought it through.

^^^ Unfortunately, this!!!
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl 007 View Post
    I have an outside the box idea a small 36 or 44 cap and ball pistol, if a convicted felon can own one and it's not illegal maybe that could make it through the loophole. At self defence range they were deadly back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    I would do this if you want a gun.

. . . If legal under USC.

-on Tapatalk
    Is this a legal option under USC?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...1.uts?slotId=7

^^you around?

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member
    You might want to talk to a nearby hotel, especially if you are a member of their rewards program. I would stop in at a nearby Hilton when I went to visit my son on base. They would let me store my firearm in a safe box there. It helps if you come in with a treat like cookies, donuts, or pizza when you first approach them. Go there during the day when the GM will usually be there, and ask to speak to him/ her. Most chains are very gracious to their members, especially if they are in the top tier.

Sposors