Florida father shoots, kills dog after it attacks teen son
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida father shoots, kills dog after it attacks teen son

Florida father shoots, kills dog after it attacks teen son

NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

A Florida man fatally shot his family’s pet pit bull after it attacked his teenage stepson
    Pit Bull....shocker.
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joecarry View Post
    Pit Bull....shocker.
    Ignorant comment about American Staffordshires . . . Shocker.

Please educate yourself. Thank you.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Ignorant comment about American Staffordshires . . . Shocker.

Please educate yourself. Thank you.

-on Tapatalk
    Sorry my friend but I disagree, I don’t really think the comment was ignorant considering their historical past. Why is it the majority of articles or news reports about Pit Bulls has to do with hurting or killing something or someone? Why is it, at least in Florida, my homeowner insurance wanted to know if I owned any prior to writing my policy?
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

Sorry my friend but I disagree, I don’t really think the comment was ignorant considering their historical past. Why is it the majority of articles or news reports about Pit Bulls has to do with hurting or killing something or someone? Why is it, at least in Florida, my homeowner insurance wanted to know if I owned any prior to writing my policy?
    ^^^ Agree with you
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Why is it the majority of articles or news reports about Pit Bulls has to do with hurting or killing something or someone? Why is it, at least in Florida, my homeowner insurance wanted to know if I owned any prior to writing my policy?
    SMH

For the same reason the majority of the news reports are about "assault rifles" and Glocks.

And for the same reason your insurance company wants to know about your guns.

AKA: SENSATIONALISM!

You're trolling me, aren't you? You don't really think this way, right? Haha, funny, got me.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

No buddy, I’m not trolling you and I apologize if my sarcastic comment was offensive to you. I also don’t think this one breed has been unfairly picked upon vs all other breeds. I don’t think it’s all about sensationalism either. How come you don’t here the same frequency of these stories about Shepard’s or Dobermans?

I know your a dog guy and I’m a cat guy but I also love dogs too and most animals in general. But that is one breed that I would never ever trust or own. In my opinion that would be like owning a chimpanzee or a tiger. You may go years and years without ever having a problem but when something in that animal’s brain snaps and it goes berserk, god help the people or other living creatures that are in it’s path.

Just an fyi, my insurance company has never asked about guns (yet). The only two things they were concerned with was do I own a Pit Bull and or do I have a trampoline. The way our country is going it won’t be long before they do ask about guns.

My wife was mauled a month ago by a dog she was walking as a volunteer at the animal shelter. It bit all four limbs and she needed emergency surgery to save her arm. She is looking at months of rehab and may never fully recover the use of her strong side arm
    It was a pit bull that had been cleared for adoption.
    Retrievers retrieve, pointers point, shepherds herd. Pit Bulls attack. It is in their DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    My wife was mauled a month ago by a dog she was walking as a volunteer at the animal shelter. It bit all four limbs and she needed emergency surgery to save her arm. She is looking at months of rehab and may never fully recover the use of her strong side arm
    It was a pit bull that had been cleared for adoption.
    Retrievers retrieve, pointers point, shepherds herd. Pit Bulls attack. It is in their DNA.
    Its hard to argue with that !

I'm not necessarily anti Pitbull, just agreeing with the facts
    Last edited by rayman; 01-09-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Distinguished Member
    I've seen both kinds and my opinion is you cannot really tell unless you have some history or interaction with the dog, maybe know something about how it was raised. I've friends that have Pit Bulls and my cat is more ferocious than they are. Those dogs have just been very well socialized and aren't given to fits of sudden rage. On the other hand, I had a neighbor once in VA that chained his outside all day in the sun. Poor dog had no shade to lay in and half the time his water was gone by afternoon and I'd fill it over the fence with my hose. Spoke to the guy about it and in a couple seconds you realize the dog is way smarter than the owner. That dog, a poodle made the mistake of cutting through the backyard the Pit Bull tore him to pieces. My kids came screaming into the house and I ran out but it was too late..

So I think some of those dogs truly are dangerous and haven't good enough manners to be left unattended. I believe it's these type of dogs that the apartment complex legal team is concerned about, same for insurance companies. They're branding all dogs with the bad traits of the worst of them but you can hardly blame them since we cannot easily tell them apart without watching them for some time. Their concern is liability and the easy answer is ban them.
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

Sposors