SW M & P Shield vs. Shield 2.0

Thread: SW M & P Shield vs. Shield 2.0

Just a quick question - Just wanted to confirm that the Shield 2.0 will accept the same mags as the Shield?

Thanks!

I don't know about the mags but I have an older M&P 9C that I really like so when black friday came around I bought a full size M&P 2.0. If I had it to do over I wouldn't, the trigger was so bad every time you fired it your shot would drop an inch. I had the pro at the local gun shop try it out to find out what was wrong his target looked just like mine he said it was the trigger I should have sent it back to S&W, but I Apexed it and now I have too much money in it, now it has a great trigger but it cost too much. Good luck
    Florida CWFL Member NRA , Florida Carry

I prefer my “1.0” M&Ps for two reasons:
    1. I already have them set up just the way I like them.
    2. The 2.0 models won’t auto-forward when seating a magazine.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
    Just a quick question - Just wanted to confirm that the Shield 2.0 will accept the same mags as the Shield?

Thanks!
    According to the interwebs, yes they are compatible. I have not personally experienced this tho as I have the OG Sheild only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I prefer my “1.0” M&Ps for two reasons:
    1. I already have them set up just the way I like them.
    2. The 2.0 models won’t auto-forward when seating a magazine.
    This ^^^^^^^

Although, I do currently own two 2.0 models and I like them the same if not just a tad less than the 1.0 models. Either way, it’s not a Glock.

COTEP 717

The only problem with the MP’s is IMO, i like the apex fixes better and that makes it so expensive its not worth it. The Shield 45 is the only one I haven’t changed out the trigger or some trigger part with apex....
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Quote Originally Posted by shooter4 View Post
    The only problem with the MP’s is IMO, i like the apex fixes better and that makes it so expensive its not worth it. The Shield 45 is the only one I haven’t changed out the trigger or some trigger part with apex....
    Anytime you upgrade a firearm it makes it “expensive”. I have no issues with the factory triggers on the M&Ps or any other pistol I currently own. It’s all about training and trigger time. Would I prefer a nice, crisp, light, and tactile trigger pull? Absolutely. Do I have any of those on my carry or HD pistols? Nope. The only trigger I have ever upgraded on a pistol (G19) is the custom build (>$800) I did for the range, it’s a range toy. Is this G19 worth that much? Hell no. It’s like buying a Challenger and upgrading it to be a monster........ should of just bought a HellCat. Lol

Apex makes an excellent product and well worth the money. I don’t think there is a firearm out there that has the “Perfect” trigger that Everybody loves.

My point is......... train with what you have or spend the money to make it what you want.

PS: I just remembered I did upgrade the trigger on a CZ 75 I used to own. Another range toy btw.

COTEP 717

Quote Originally Posted by shooter4 View Post
    Same here on the 45 Shield (which is actually a “2.0” model, even though the early ones weren’t so marked).

My first M&P9 (Paula’s ever since she took Brownie’s TFP class) made in ‘07 is still bone stock.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 01-08-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Sposors