Ice Age is Coming 1978 Science Facts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Age is Coming 1978 Science Facts

Distinguished Member Lautermilch's Avatar

Ice Age is Coming 1978 Science Facts

Who you gonna believe a 16 year old Swedish girl or a 140 year old Vulcan scientist who has saved the universe multiple times?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Who you gonna believe a 16 year old Swedish girl or a 140 year old Vulcan scientist who has saved the universe multiple times?
    Easy choice. . .
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

If we get a ice age, I hope that little turd is the first one to get flash frozen.

Distinguished Member
    We are living in an ice age, we are just in an interglacial period. If we were out of the ice age and conditions were “normal,” there would be no polar icecaps. Throughout the past 550 million years, there have been polar icecaps only 9% of the time. The norm is no polar icecaps.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/01/03/earths-ice-ages/
    Last edited by ArthurDent; 01-05-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Hi. The science wasn't necessarily wrong then. It didn't take man made ozone depletion from CFCs into account or the subsequent worldwide ban of CFCs lead by global scientists along with President Ronald Reagan and British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher and the regeneration of the ozone layer which is currently in the process of "healing". What we're using now in place of CFCs (HFCs) is great for the ozone layer but a hundred times worse for the greenhouse effect which wasn't taken account for then either because it wasn't known we'd trade one man made disaster for another and a variety of other variables. Predicting what humans will do, what affect it will have on the planet is difficult but I have one; humans will destroy the planet and all life on it one way or another. The only question is "when?". Within 200 years I suspect. But perhaps tomorrow.
    Last edited by CLaws; 01-09-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaws View Post
    ...humans will destroy the planet and all life on it one way or another. The only question is "when?". Within 200 years I suspect. But perhaps tomorrow.
    That statement is just idiotic. Humans are not going to destroy the planet. That is simply, and completely outside the realm of possibility. And we're not going to destroy all life, either. At worst we might destroy the planet's ability to support humans, and maybe a few other species. The planet will survive, and enough other organisms will survive to eventually (a billion years?) evolve into a rich tapestry of species once again.

First post and it is an absurd, hysterical exaggeration. SHEESH! Get a life!

Liberal alert!

Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaws View Post
    Hi. The science wasn't necessarily wrong then. It didn't take man made ozone depletion from CFCs into account or the subsequent worldwide ban of CFCs lead by global scientists along with President Ronald Reagan and British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher and the regeneration of the ozone layer which is currently in the process of "healing". What we're using now in place of CFCs (HFCs) is great for the ozone layer but a hundred times worse for the greenhouse effect which wasn't taken account for then either because it wasn't known we'd trade one man made disaster for another and a variety of other variables. Predicting what humans will do, what affect it will have on the planet is difficult but I have one; humans will destroy the planet and all life on it one way or another. The only question is "when?". Within 200 years I suspect. But perhaps tomorrow.
    Might want to speak from the other end of your body.
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

COTEP #523
    Founding Member

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    Welcome to FCC.
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

Sposors