Shooting classes.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting classes.com

Shooting classes.com

For those of you that find it hard to find some training , you may find something that works for you on this site.
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

" Common sense is not common "

not quite understanding your response
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    not quite understanding your response
    No worries. I misread the purpose of the site and after reading more carefully, I see it and thank you for sharing.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    I think he's saying it's no substitute for live, on-range training with an instructor, however, it's better than learning by watching Dirty Harry on replay.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    For those of you that find it hard to find some training , you may find something that works for you on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    I think he's saying it's no substitute for live, on-range training with an instructor, however, it's better than learning by watching Dirty Harry on replay.

-on Tapatalk
    But I see it's a site to find classes, not receive training.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    No worries. I misread the purpose of the site and after reading more carefully, I see it and thank you for sharing.
    no problem Sir
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

I put it out there cause when I started out, I had no idea where to find a place to train and learn. It took a lot of research, phone calls, and trial and error to find the right place for me. I didn't want to be the guy we just watched on the church video that got killed because he had no training or experience and got himself killed !

I still don't understand why people that conceal carry don't prepare themselves ? I guess they just don't understand that when you carry, the stakes are high. You make a mistake, you can potentially end up in court, in debt, in prison, or dead. Not to mention kill an innocent person in the process. So much can go wrong ! Stress training, practice and confidence makes all the difference.

I'm also thankful for all I learn here from like minded people that often times think different than me and have more experience
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

I didn't want to be the guy we just watched on the church video that got killed because he had no training or experience and got himself killed !
    Practice your draw, folks! Over, and over, and over.

Unfortunately, most ranges do not allow drawing from holsters and live fire.

But, you can practice with dry fire at home. Over, and over, and over. From concealment!
    Last edited by racer88; 12-29-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post

But, you can practice with dry fire at home. Over, and over, and over. From concealment!
    ^^^
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post

This is something I need to start doing more of. Saw the excellent video Browie posted, and Rayman shared again. I plan on practicing that draw stroke in dry fire mode. I feel like although I may not be the best shot, at SD ranges, I now feel confident I can and will hit if I can get my firearm out. But thats the key, so now its time to start putting in practice on that end. And get some proper hands on instruction.

Sposors