Shooting at another Navy Base, this time Pensacola Naval Air Station.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at another Navy Base, this time Pensacola Naval Air Station.

Super Moderator

Shooting at another Navy Base, this time Pensacola Naval Air Station.

Another murderer uses a "Gun Free Zone" to commit murder with a gun. Student Aviator that committed this crime was a Saudi National on station for flight training.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-air...n-place-issued

Last edited by BeerHunter; 12-06-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling and terminology
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

LIFE MEMBER DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
    Veterans Helping Veterans
    For help with Veterans Claims. : http://www.dav.org/veterans/find-your-local-office/

Distinguished Member
    Scant on details so far, and the traffic in that part of town is just now getting sorted out (about 3PM). All the reporting so far has featured officials that basically repeat the same stuff over and over:

1. Shooter was a Saudi AF 2nd LT, here for flight training.
    2. Escambia County Sheriff's Office personnel were called in and dispatched the shooter.
    3. Two Deputies injured in the fight, one shot in the arm, the other in the knee. 2nd one underwent surgery.
    4. At least two other persons were killed, no ID until families notified +24hrs. Last report was 4 additional persons injured.
    5. Everything in the area went into lockdown, not that it mattered much. Only one road in and it had traffic gridlocked for miles until just recently.
    6. Corry Station (another Navy base) appx. 3 miles north also went into lockdown.

No one who knows anything is saying anything to the media. I'm sure with a county agency and two federal agencies involved, we might as well wait months for the report.

One positive in the whole thing is that the local blood banks are nearing capacity since virtually all the flight students and a large number of the aviation field students lined up to donate blood to the Deputies and other victims.

Question I most want to know: WTF did Mr. Saudi AF student get a handgun?
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Making military bases to which foreign nationals have access into gun free zones is completely nonsensical. Our military folks should be able to defend themselves.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Quote Originally Posted by OHEng View Post
    2. Escambia County Sheriff's Office personnel were called in and dispatched the shooter.

WHY???
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by OHEng View Post

How is THAT a mystery??? Seriously. It's like pondering how ANY criminal acquires a gun. Yeah... we know the answer to that, eh?

Gosh... how do people get illegal drugs??

Next, people will be demanding to waste time and resources to determine "WHY he did it."
    Last edited by racer88; 12-06-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Why do they call him a "shooter" (on the news right now)? They don't call a murderer who uses a knife a "stabber" or "cutter."

He's a murderer... a mass murderer.

I'm a shooter. I'm even an "active shooter." I'll be actively shooting tomorrow and Sunday, and again next Saturday. My daughter is a shooter, too. A damned good one!
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Easy, He bought it at a gun show because of the "LOOPHOLE"
    He is just one of those very crazy Muslim pieces of garbage that hates America but don't mind coming over to kill Infidels.
    These enemies of America are all over this country and will all pop up about the same time someday in the future.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Super Moderator
    Ronnie, the demographics of the murderer haven't been released other than he was a Saudi National, but it is a safe bet that as a Student Aviator from Saudi Arabia, all of whom are sanctioned by the Saudi Royal family, that he was a practicing Muslim. However, I'm not sure your comments are appropriate. Do you believe he a "piece of garbage" because he's "Muslim," because he's "crazy," or because he committed murder?
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Hmm..perhaps a red flag law woulda stopped this..
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

COTEP #523
    Founding Member

Sposors