Florida Concealed Carry banner

Sneaky Pete In Plain Sight Carry.

8K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Rick McC. 
#1 ·
Specifically, a Springfield XDs .45 acp. Comments? Experiences? Good, bad, indifferent?

#2 ·
I’ve had a Sneaky Pete that I used for years when riding my motorcycle. It was made for a Kahr CM9. It worked very well, and no one (other than a “gun guy” relative) ever commented on it. He knew what it was, but had never seen one before.

I got rid of the bike about six months ago, but still have the SP.

Obviously, the larger the pistol, the larger the SP.

They’re a quality product (mine’s Italian leather). Fit and finish is top notch, so I doubt you’d be disappointed with one.

#4 ·
I’ve had a Sneaky Pete that I used for years when riding my motorcycle. It was made for a Kahr CM9. It worked very well, and no one (other than a “gun guy” relative) ever commented on it. He knew what it was, but had never seen one before...
Would that ("gun guys") include, perhaps, LEOs in "anti-gun" jurisdictions that might also know what it is and want to bust you? If I were an "anti" CLEO like Gualtieri in Pinellas County, I'd be giving all kinds of in-service training to my deputies on SP's, how they look and how to "stop & frisk" people seen wearing one.... in the name harassing carriers in their county. I can't see them being able to bust a carrier for OC, (after all, the weapon *is* concealed), but one never knows...

#5 · (Edited)
I use the horizontal Bulldog cases for my LCPs. Anything larger and I'd rather use a Panther on the hip. I prefer the textured nylon material to the smooth leather.

It is one of my wife's most common on-body carry methods. At least it's not in her purse! :grin

(Dollar bill for size reference.)

-on Tapatalk

#11 ·
My brother just picked one up for his M&P Shield 9mm.
For him, it's a perfect solution - but not something I would be interested in.
He has to dress up a lot for his work, so IWB is a much more rare option for him than it is for me.
He purchased a black one, which I tend to believe hides better than brown - but I guess it depends on what you wear.

And I also agree that most non-gun types probably just think it's a cell phone case, or something.

#16 ·
I have an Elite Liberty Concealed Carry Pouch. In my opinion, it can be less identifiable than a Sneaky Pete, and also can accommodate some cell phones and some cash/credit cards. It can be placed horizontally or vertically on a belt. It is larger than the Bulldog pouch. The Sneaky Pete doesn't read well as a phone case, and can get a 2nd look from the curious.

#22 ·
A friend uses a Sneaky Pete. He wanted to be prepared for a curious person to ask what it is. If ever asked his plan is to answer "I use it to carry life-saving apparatus".

#28 ·
First aid kit.

#26 ·
One of the features I don’t like about the Sneaky Pete is the “SP” logo exposed on almost all of their products. The curious and the very observant will figure out what it is....
In today’s society of electronic gizmos, no one give these a second look at all. I’m sure many assume its a cell phone holder of some kind.
A friend uses a Sneaky Pete. He wanted to be prepared for a curious person to ask what it is. If ever asked his plan is to answer "I use it to carry life-saving apparatus".
Wonder if they got one that says NYFB :grin
They have these options available now, so it's easier to sell whichever story you prefer.

-on Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.