Florida Concealed Carry banner

Calling your shots

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 · (Edited)
When I started messing around with recording "DOPE" in a data book, I never quite felt comfortable with "calling my shots." Sometimes I could. Many times, I couldn't... somewhat negating the utility of recording the "call" and the impact.

For some reason... today, that "clicked." And, I wasn't even trying to work on that skill. Every time I pulled a shot, I knew it, and I knew exactly where / which direction. And, I was able to do it with even "small misses," or impacts that were only slightly off from the group... like these (blue arrows). Even though with the "pulled shots," the groups were sub-MOA, I could still call them.

I can't explain why it "clicked" today. But, I was "on" when it came to that. I guess it's just part of the evolution of a competent rifleman?

See less See more
#2 ·
Calling my shots is one of the ways I can tell the difference between good ammo and lower quality ammo. :grin

#3 ·
LOL!

Then there's the "art of calling your Calebs!"

#4 ·
:laughing

#5 ·
Laugh it up tooth fairy!

You call it “calling your SHOTS”, you should be calling it “Calling your f%#€£?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
LOL! I thought you said you weren't going to drink tonight!? :p

#9 · (Edited)
I can't explain why it "clicked" today. But, I was "on" when it came to that. I guess it's just part of the evolution of a competent rifleman?
it clicked because you reached clarity...it almost looks like you werent concentrating on it as hard as you had previously...thats when it came together...you have to trust your instincts and allow yourself to do what you are capable of doing naturally...analyzing all the data in the world can lead to forcing a correction instead of allowing your instincts to to take control...

credit brownie...."the mind is the limiting factor"

#10 ·
it clicked because you reached clarity...it almost looks like you werent concentrating on it as hard as you had previously...thats when it came together...you have to trust your instincts and allow yourself to do what you are capable of doing naturally...analyzing all the date in the world van lead to forcing a correction instead of allowing your instincts to to take control...

credit brownie...."the mind it the limiting factor"
Haha... yeah.. it's a zen thing in many ways.

The same thing today at 300 yards. As soon as the shot broke, I knew whether or not it was balls-on or off a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.