Shooting at California's Saugus High School Leaves 2 Students Dead
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at California's Saugus High School Leaves 2 Students Dead

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar

Exclamation Shooting at California's Saugus High School Leaves 2 Students Dead

Two students, a 16-year-old female and a 14-year-old victim, are dead and three other teens were injured Thursday after a 16-year-old suspect -- who was transported to the hospital and is in "grave" condition -- opened fire at Saugus High School in California, officials said.

"Suspect is in custody and being treated at a local hospital," Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva had tweeted. . . .

. . . The weapon -- a .45 semi-automatic pistol that had no remaining bullets -- was recovered at the scene, Wegener said.

"Detectives have reviewed video that clearly shows the suspect withdraw a handgun and wound five people and shoot himself in the head," he said. . . .

The shooter had been described as a "male Asian suspect" . . .

Saugus High School is located 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles. Several students were transported out of the school on gurneys, and at least one person was discovered wounded inside of the school's choir room, the Los Angeles Times reported.

This is a developing story; please check back for updates.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...chool-shooting

I hope the families of the deceased make it through.

Seems like this one could have been perpetuated with a revolver--six shots? It will be interesting to see how the gun is blamed this time.
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Super Moderator
    Here we go again. . . and here come the typical libtard politicians that want to blame the inanimate object instead of the deranged individual wielding it!

-BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Just heard that the gun was a Glock 36 and may not have been locked up by the shooter's parents.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan, June 6, 1984, speech at Omaha Beach Memorial
    COTEP: 739

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I read that the shooting may have happened OFF campus. News is not clear..... as usual. Will take several hours / days to get the details right.

It was a matter of time before the gun grabbers had another opportunity to push their anti-liberty disarmament agenda.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    I suggest several new laws are in order.

No guns on school campus.

No magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

Require anyone to be 18 years of age to possess a handgun.

Separately, the thief of firearms should be illegal-er.

/sarcasm/
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post
    I suggest several new laws are in order.

No guns on school campus.

No magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds.

Require anyone to be 18 years of age to possess a handgun.

Separately, the thief of firearms should be illegal-er.

/sarcasm/
    Should make a law against murder too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
    Just heard that the gun was a Glock 36 and may not have been locked up by the shooter's parents.
    6 round mag

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Not belittling the tragedy itself but at least the impeachment circus was not televised today for the most part due to this.
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

My neighbor just had a very interesting view on the California shooting.
    He said it looks as though the Democrats were getting their butts handed to them at the lynching
    He said it seems every time the Democrats are in trouble there seems to be a school shooting or something else to take the heat off of the screwed up mess they are in.
    He may or may not have a point there.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    6 round mag
    EDIT: If that was the gun, I'll bet he carried with a full mag and didn't have one in the chamber, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    My neighbor just had a very interesting view on the California shooting.
    He said it looks as though the Democrats were getting their butts handed to them at the lynching
    He said it seems every time the Democrats are in trouble there seems to be a school shooting or something else to take the heat off of the screwed up mess they are in.
    He may or may not have a point there.
    Ronnie
    Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, I've gone there in a few of these types of instances. Can governments really be as twisted as the movies make them out to be? Do I really even want to know?

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Sposors