America, a gun behind every tree?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America, a gun behind every tree?

America, a gun behind every tree?

well SNOPES.COM will not disagree with this:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hu...versus-armies/

More hunting licenses, tags, permits, and stamps were sold in the U.S. in 2018 (about 37 million) than the number of total members in the world's 10 largest armies (about 25 million).
    What's False

However, a single hunter can own multiple hunting licenses; the total number of hunters in the United States in 2018 (about 15 million) is less than the total members in the world's 10 largest armies (about 25 million); and comparing the military might of recreational hunters and trained armies involves more than just counting active participants.

Doesn't look like it takes into account for the number of gun owning non-hunters...

Here's another quality snopes example

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MostlyTrue.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	64827

Distinguished Member deadeyedick's Avatar
    Well, it's a stupid meme and Snopes is correct in one regard...the numbers have nothing to do with each other. A hunter is not a soldier, and frankly, most of the hunters I know would suck at soldiering.
    "It's Fumbles...it was always Fumbles."

Dr. Calvin "Fumbles" Killshot

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Saying "numbers don't matter" is simply naive.

They DO matter. A large number of "un-soldiers" could easily overwhelm a small number of professional soldiers. It's a matter of WILL.

There are PLENTY of examples of non-professional armed citizens defeating an organized professional army... our own country's founding, for example.

This silly argument reminds me of the liberals' perennial claim that, "citizens with AR-15s can't defeat tanks and jet fighters." Anyone who says that is... well... I'll be nice... PROFOUNDLY IGNORANT. That's simply not how such a war would happen.

It's also silly to use the 25 million figure since it assumes ALL TEN of those armies would be attacking us simultaneously / in-unison.

BTW, I just looked up the largest military forces in the world, and the top ten come to shy of 10 million... nowhere near 25 million.

The vast majority of those armies do not have the logistical capability to mobilize to the USA, in any case. I submit that China is the only one that would have SOME capability to move an army to our shores.

The bottom line... I have FULL confidence that our "hunters" (and other armed citizens) would be quite a thorn in the side of any foreign (or domestic) entity that dared to invade. It would be VERY ugly. Wolverines!
    Last edited by racer88; 11-13-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

The Emperor of Japan once did mention a SWARM of HORNETS or it may have been one of their Generals.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Saying "numbers don't matter" is simply naive.

They DO matter. A large number of "un-soldiers" could easily overwhelm a small number of professional soldiers. It's a matter of WILL.

There are PLENTY of examples of non-professional armed citizens defeating an organized professional army... our own country's founding, for example.

This silly argument reminds me of the liberals' perennial claim that, "citizens with AR-15s can't defeat tanks and jet fighters." Anyone who says that is... well... I'll be nice... PROFOUNDLY IGNORANT. That's simply not how such a war would happen.

It's also silly to use the 25 million figure since it assumes ALL TEN of those armies would be attacking us simultaneously / in-unison.

BTW, I just looked up the largest military forces in the world, and the top ten come to shy of 10 million... nowhere near 25 million.

The vast majority of those armies do not have the logistical capability to mobilize to the USA, in any case. I submit that China is the only one that would have SOME capability to move an army to our shores.

The bottom line... I have FULL confidence that our "hunters" (and other armed citizens) would be quite a thorn in the side of any foreign (or domestic) entity that dared to invade. It would be VERY ugly. Wolverines!
    Nice job racer....

These days, I'm afraid that a lot of people in this country would pick up arms and stand with the invaders. The Lib media, schools and Hollywood have brainwashed so many people to think that this country, our constitution and capitalism are the source of all the problems in the world.

If they came in through the West Coast or North East Coast they'd immediately pick up an army of ANTIFA, BLM etc... These people already violently oppose our way of life. A lot of Lib politicians would quickly take up command/recruiting positions with the invading army and lead our own people against us. It's not much different from what they're doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1971 View Post
    These days, I'm afraid that a lot of people in this country would pick up arms and stand with the invaders. The Lib media, schools and Hollywood have brainwashed so many people to think that this country, our constitution and capitalism are the source of all the problems in the world.

If they came in through the West Coast or North East Coast they'd immediately pick up an army of ANTIFA, BLM etc... These people already violently oppose our way of life. A lot of Lib politicians would quickly take up command/recruiting positions with the invading army and lead our own people against us. It's not much different from what they're doing now.
    They wouldn't get far inland. Even California is full of rednecks. Believe me. Take away the coastal cities of SD, LA, SF... and it's a RED state.

Same thing on the east coast. As soon as they went inland, the "bugaloo" would be ON. I have absolutely no doubts.

But, again.... this is fantasy. The reality is that few (none?) countries, that are our potential enemies, have the logistical capability to actually transport any sizeable army to our shores. That's not to mention the resistance they'd meet on the trip over.

Even "fortified" with man-bun-wearing antifa turncoats, we'd have it wrapped up very quickly.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc&app=desktop

trailer for the movie RED DAWN

remember, it WAS FICTION back then.

A large number of "un-soldiers" could easily overwhelm a small number of professional soldiers

Depends on what that small number of professional soldiers we're talking about. Regular army enlisted are professional soldiers, but 6 regular army professional soldiers aren't capable of what 6 Seal team members or 6 force recon Marines are capable of accomplishing.

7th Air Cav had 500 men, the NVA had 2500 soldiers Ia Drang in Nov, 1965. 150 or so of 7th Cav were killed while over 800 nva were killed. The nva troops were hardened soldiers, they lost nearly 6 to every 1 of ours. History abounds with battles where a small fighting forces beat back large numbers of enemy combatants.

One thing that should be mentioned is that hunters aren't being shot back at. A hunter is only a hunter goes just so far, most hunters I've been around wouldn't have the stomach for a protracted fight liker Ia Drang
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Sposors