Florida Concealed Carry banner

Winchester Service Grade vs White Box

14K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  High Seas Drifter 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the difference between the service grade (brown box) and the good ol' white box? I've always liked the WWB 95gr flat nose 380 ammo, but now that Walmart has shït the bed, I'm looking to other sources. I've found this service grade stuff all over, but not the white box.

Will service grade feed the same? Same exact dimensions? Same load/recoil? Mainly, same reliability? :dunno

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/win...-grain-full-metal-jacket-sg380w-p-109594.aspx

vs

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-usa-380-acp-auto-ammo-95-grain-fmj-q4206-p-1367.aspx

-on Tapatalk

#2 ·
Never tried it myself. :dunno :popcorn

#9 ·
WWB is intended to be "range" ammo (practice and plinking). The brown box has a little more "oomph". They should be pretty close to each other. Differences in feeding are pretty gun specific.
Good to know. :thumsup

#5 ·
WWB is intended to be "range" ammo (practice and plinking). The brown box has a little more "oomph". They should be pretty close to each other. Differences in feeding are pretty gun specific.

#6 ·
380 military grade? ..........in who’s army? Not ours.............very interesting

#7 ·
From what I can tell, Walmart's declaration to end ammo sales was BS virtue-signaling. They're still selling it. Lots of it.

My local walmart's ammo cabinet is "chock-full" of ammo of all types.

A week ago:

#10 ·
Wasn't their announcement that they were ceasing sales of "assault rifle ammo?" Either way, they're full of it!
:bsmeter

#8 ·
Well, I guess I'll try some in the LCPs and see how it feeds! The gun does well with flat-nose ammo, so hopefully this will be the same. Thanks! :thumsup

-on Tapatalk

#12 ·
Nope. The jackwads stated that they would no longer stock it after existing imventory was sold. So much for integrity. But like not joining the NRA, most gun owners will kneel to them to save 50 cents. I haven't been back in their store since they announced this garbage

#14 ·
I went back to see (and I admit buying some).

My bet is that they will never "run out of inventory." They won't stop selling it. Ever. They're just pandering to the idiots who believe their virtue signaling and wouldn't even know where the sporting goods department is.

#13 ·
See new annotated pic above. :grin

#15 ·
What they need to do is do it like DICK'S did with the fully semi automatic Military Assault weapons of war they used to sell.
That is DESTROY IT ALL not just sell out.
Ronnie

#30 ·
What can I say, I like colored pistols. Or is is pistols of color? All pistols matter!

Good to read, thanks for the heads up.

Did you by chance try them in a different pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I must've sold my P3AT. Still have the P32, but no other Keltie. So, now I need one. Florida Gun Exchange and Smyrna Shooter's Supply both have a used one for cheap, so I'll get one later this week. I'm missing that one in my 380 progression collection. Might need the 42 back, too. Sold it for the 43, but kinda want both. :grin

.380 fetish? :rofl
You can pretty much get these things in anywhere with some creativity. I like to be armed in legal but prohibited places. Stop talking about Seecamps. There's a used one of those, too, but I only have so much Christmas money in the budget. :laughing

-on Tapatalk

#31 ·
Did you by chance try them in a different pistol?
I thought there was still a P3AT in the collection! The wife had it in her office safe.

I'll test the ammo in the Keltie on the next range trip. :thumsup

-on Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.