In Plain Sight Inside My Car - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Plain Sight Inside My Car

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    1986 Miami FBI bank robber shoot-out.

The initial collision that forced the suspects off the road caused some unforeseen problems for the agents, as the FBI vehicles sustained damage from the heavier, older car driven by Matix.[8]

Just prior to ramming the Monte Carlo, Manauzzi had pulled out his
    service revolver and placed it on the seat in anticipation of a shootout,[8] but the force of the collision flung open his door and sent his weapon flying. Hanlon lost his .357 Magnum service revolver during the initial collision, though he was still able to fight with his Smith & Wesson Model 36 backup weapon.

The collision knocked off Grogan's
    glasses, and there is speculation his vision was so bad that he was unable to see clearly enough to be effective (a claim disputed by the FBI's medical director, who stated that Grogan's vision was "not that bad").

More...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout

ETA: For what it is worth, I was in a training session in 1987 in which this shootout was covered in detail. We were told, by the credible LEA trainer, that the agent didn't simply lay the gun on the seat but had tucked it under his thigh, but still lost the gun in the collision. Just one of the possible lessons learned from these agent's sacrifice.
    Last edited by TitleIIToyLover; 11-09-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    securely encased in a box with a lid could be a tupperware container...and clearly visible...
    Very well could be!!
    NRA Member
    FBI & NIS Live action qualification course
    Range Officer/Safe Shooter Course -GTR
    USN Expert pistol Award
    USN Fleet Competitive Pistol Team / Representative of 8th Naval District
    USN Rifle Marksman

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    And potentially jamming the flight controls. In a tactical jet, it could even result in an unintentional ejection when that foreign object messes with the ejection mechanism. Had to make a precautionary landing once when a piece of equipment from the guy in the other seat got loose during hard maneuvering and ended up behind the headrest and potentially fouling the ejection seat.
    And as a former AME.....I was the monkey that went cockpit diving to find the FOD...or pulled the seat out to look for it!!!
    NRA Member
    FBI & NIS Live action qualification course
    Range Officer/Safe Shooter Course -GTR
    USN Expert pistol Award
    USN Fleet Competitive Pistol Team / Representative of 8th Naval District
    USN Rifle Marksman

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Big Bore 44!

TitleIIToyLover already answered your question.

Since you've now made you first post to FCC without an introduction, please take the time to post you're own Introduction to FCC so the members will get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC!

Unless I'm missing something here, I don't think Mr. "Big Bore 44" actually saw your request for an introduction.
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry45ACP View Post
    Unless I'm missing something here, I don't think Mr. "Big Bore 44" actually saw your request for an introduction.
    It's always followed up with a PM.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Barry45ACP View Post
    Hey Barry, I'm not sure what the point of your post is??? If i'm breaking some protocol or courtesy on this board, God forbid. I'll post an introduction that I hope and trust will satisfy you.

And again, to all who have posted some excellent responses to my OP, thank you all.

Regards, Lance

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bore 44 View Post
    Hey Barry, I'm not sure what the point of your post is??? If i'm breaking some protocol or courtesy on this board, God forbid. I'll post an introduction that I hope and trust will satisfy you.

And again, to all who have posted some excellent responses to my OP, thank you all.

Regards, Lance
    Generally, it's a common courtesy to introduce ones self before asking favors (information, opinions, selling items, etc). It's been the norm since before I joined. It's nice to see where everyone is coming from. We get a lot of Trolls on this page. Buy hey, it's very nice to meet you Lance.
    Last edited by Barry45ACP; 11-14-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Distinguished Member
    To back Barry up Lance, he’s right. Trolls on forums have been a problem since day one. (I’m guessing I’m not the only one here ancient enough to remember the old Usenet days ) That said, given the rather public and controversial nature of this forum’s topic (although it shouldn’t be controversial IMHO) we attract more than our share. I don’t want to say we’re untrusting of new members, but understandably we’re a little wary. We’ve had some real lulus come through. Often, we get folks come through with hidden anti-gun agendas under the guise of innocent sounding questions. Given the more recent wave of anti-gun sentiment in our country, I think we’ve become even more wary. I’m not normally a by the rules guy myself, but I agree with that one personally...for the above reasons. (Although, I do enjoy thumping trolls tremendously )

Requesting a new visitor take a few moments to introduce themselves isn’t uncommon. But, here it goes along way to helping us identify what I call drive-by posters...those with either no intent to add to the discussion or with less than honorable motives as few “trolls” will take that time.

Either way, welcome and I doubt Barry meant any offense.
    Last edited by RadTek; 11-14-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Super Moderator
    ^^^^
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by RadTek View Post
    To back Barry up Lance, he’s right. Trolls on forums have been a problem since day one. . . . . . . . snip . . . . . . . . . . Requesting a new visitor take a few moments to introduce themselves isn’t uncommon. But, here it goes along way to helping us identify what I call drive-by posters...those with either no intent to add to the discussion or with less than honorable motives as few “trolls” will take that time. Either way, welcome and I doubt Barry meant any offense.
    Hello RadTek, Of course you're correct, as was Barry. I have since posted an introduction in the New Members Section and offered apologizes to both, Barry, and, BeerHunter. Clearly my "attitude" was showing. ;-)

Thank you for your welcome, I appreciate it.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - Hunter S. Thompson -

Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own: he who, secure within, can say, Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today. - John Dryden

Sposors