This just might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This just might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

This just might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Opinion | It’s not the guns, it’s the ammunition

https://www.courant.com/opinion/op-e...ufy-story.html

Today, one can walk into a gun shop and purchase, for instance, a .22, .38 or .44-caliber handgun. Most firearms are built to accommodate one size round only. Here’s what would happen if the manufacture of today’s standard-size rounds were outlawed, and .21, .37, or .43-caliber rounds took their place: Eventually, gun owners would run out of the old ammo, and their weapons would become paperweights.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    What does that even mean???!! Is it an elementary school essay on “Why guns are bad”?
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

Eventually, gun owners would run out of the old ammo, and their weapons would become paperweights.
    ...or they'd buy a drop in barrel or a drill bit or...
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

With an internet connection just about anyone can publish any idea or opinion no matter how silly it might be. Got to try and get that 15 minutes of fame.

Yeah...'cuz ammo manufacturers will be "all over" making ammo for non-existent guns.... making ammo BEFORE the guns that fire it exist... to "force" gun owners to buy new guns for the new ammo. What the actual ***k??

****ing brilliant, this guy is!
    Last edited by racer88; 11-06-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

The mental midget that wrote this obviously does not know about reloading and is not aware that some of us have several thousand rounds of ammunition reserves. Oh, that and the proposal would be unconstitutional, as if that mattered.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Typical libtard mental retard.

I don't know...
    I think I heard something even dumber on my drive into work.

NPR ran a short segment about how Mojave County, Arizona, by unanimous vote of the County's Board of Supervisors, declared the County to be a Second Amendment sanctuary.
    See: https://www.azmirror.com/blog/mohave...ent-sanctuary/
    The NPR reporter went on to explain that it means the County won't authorize the use of any county funds, employees or other resources "for the purpose of enforcing laws that unconstitutionally infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms".

BUT THEN, NPR quoted the Giffords Law Center as claiming that 2A sanctuaries are bad, and as proof, offered that those 2A-friendly State and Counties which have passed non-binding "2A Sanctuary" resolutions have higher gun violence in the form of higher numbers of gun suicides.

THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO MENTION WHAT THE RATES OF GUN SUICIDES WERE IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS BEFORE THE 2A-FRIENDLY SANCTUARY RESOLUTIONS WERE PASSED!
    It's just very carefully worded to make the average listener think there's a correlation.

Journalism is DEAD.

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Yeah...'cuz ammo manufacturers will be "all over" making ammo for non-existent guns.... making ammo BEFORE the guns that fire it exist... to "force" gun owners to buy new guns for the new ammo. What the actual ***k??

****ing brilliant, this guy is!
    The author of that piece is depriving some village of its idiot!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors