Anti-gun activist shoots 3 children then shoots herself

Thread: Anti-gun activist shoots 3 children then shoots herself

Distinguished Member

Anti-gun activist shoots 3 children then shoots herself

I think in a significant nuber of cases, anti-gun activists are really telling us when they say we can’t be trusted with guns, that they can’t be trusted with guns.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epression.html
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Super Moderator
    Maybe later I can write something more than anger but for now just after reading about this, I have no other words other than to express my deep sadness for those innocent children!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    I think in a significant nuber of cases, anti-gun activists are really telling us when they say we can’t be trusted with guns, that they can’t be trusted with guns.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epression.html
    You’re exactly right.

The hypocrisy of the left has no bounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

These evil monsters are all over the world and monsters like this have always been all over this world.
    Things like this are not new,
    Can it be completely eliminated???? NEVER
    If he did not use a gun he would find another means to kill.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

This was not a gun issue. Her stance on gun violence is not in the least bit relevant to the event, other than perhaps a bit of irony. We as a group gain NOTHING by pushing this as having anything to do with gun control.

The gun was just a convenient means to an end. Had she not had one, she would have used something else.

She was psychologically disturbed. She was a "Family Destroyer" Upset at the outcome of the divorce, she decided to destroy the family, either to punish the now ex-husband/father for the divorce, or to "save" the children and herself from the perceived loss of face/status and change in quality of life brought about by divorce.

She was a sick woman. Unfortunately, destroyers, which statistically, are usually men, rarely trigger warnings before the event, so it is unlikely that there were any "red flags"
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

https://www.thethreepercenters.org/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    This was not a gun issue. Her stance on gun violence is not in the least bit relevant to the event, other than perhaps a bit of irony. We as a group gain NOTHING by pushing this as having anything to do with gun control.

The gun was just a convenient means to an end. Had she not had one, she would have used something else.

She was psychologically disturbed. She was a "Family Destroyer" Upset at the outcome of the divorce, she decided to destroy the family, either to punish the now ex-husband/father for the divorce, or to "save" the children and herself from the perceived loss of face/status and change in quality of life brought about by divorce.

She was a sick woman. Unfortunately, destroyers, which statistically, are usually men, rarely trigger warnings before the event, so it is unlikely that there were any "red flags"
    Spot on. The headline of this article should have been something about the mental health of the mother, and not so much that she was an anti-gun activist. The way they wrote the headline plays more into the media's anti-gun stance though. This woman woman had problems, I suspect, well before her divorce. We should pray for her surviving ex-husband, and for the children, rather than condemn her.

Quote Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
    We as a group gain NOTHING by pushing this as having anything to do with gun control.
    I would agree, though I would add that we probably DO gain something when the perpetrator in an incident like this one is an out-spoken public figure who is truly prominent in the anti-gun movement. Pointing out the hypocrisy of such people, I think, is a good thing. I'm thinking of the case of Carl Rowan, a well-known editorialist at the time who frequently railed against gun ownership, but himself shot at a kid who was skinny-dipping in his pool one night. The exposure of his hypocrisy on this issue largely put an end to his editorializing about it.

In this case, while she is clearly an anti-gun hypocrite, she certainly was not a national leader in the anti-gun movement. At least, I have never heard of her before.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    I would agree, though I would add that we probably DO gain something when the perpetrator in an incident like this one is an out-spoken public figure who is truly prominent in the anti-gun movement. Pointing out the hypocrisy of such people, I think, is a good thing. I'm thinking of the case of Carl Rowan, a well-known editorialist at the time who frequently railed against gun ownership, but himself shot at a kid who was skinny-dipping in his pool one night. The exposure of his hypocrisy on this issue largely put an end to his editorializing about it.

In this case, while she is clearly an anti-gun hypocrite, she certainly was not a national leader in the anti-gun movement. At least, I have never heard of her before.
    Then there was the vocal anti-gunner California state senator who was RUNNING illegal guns.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Sposors