Florida Concealed Carry banner

Long Gun Flashlight

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Caleb 
#1 ·
What are you all running? What’s a good light for the money? I’m leaning towards the Streamlight Protac 650 lumens with pressure switch. I know Surefire is a solid light. Although, after you buy the light, tail cap, rail mount, and pressure switch..... you $$$ is adding up close to $300. The Protac comes with all of that for sub $120.

This will go on my HD AR and/or HD Shotgun.

I know a weapon light is not for everyone but, it is for me. I’d rather have a light available if needed but, not worry about holding it in the support hand. That hand will most likely be dialing 911....before, during, or after. Depends on what hand I’m dealt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I'm running a Fenix TK15 on a Mossberg pump shotgun and Elzetta B145s on my Tavors. I tried using a Fenix TK09 on the Tavors, but the only Fenix pressure switch available then used a bulky coiled wire. The Elzetta pressure switch was/is short and straight which allowed me to keep the wiring inside the foregrip. It appears that Fenix now offers pressure switches with short straight wiring.

I own several Fenix lights and am well-pleased with them.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Cylinder

#3 ·
I have run a number of lights over the years. Pistol, Rifle, helmet mount. Both inexpensive and high-end.

In all of those years the only light that I have had fail, for no apparent reason, was a Streamlight. Didn't get any sympathy from customer service.

I don't buy steamlights any longer. It's just me, but there are just too many other options to take the chance.

I am also trying to move away from the 123 battery. I'm not certain, but I think I like the AA lithium is better. I'm not a battery guru so my may want to do your own research on 123 v AA

The only thing in life that I am really sure of, is that if you NEED a flashlight, then you need a back-up flashlight. A flashlight seems to be the only device that can work perfectly one minute and stop working for no apparent reason, at the worst possible time. I have stories.

#4 ·
I currently have an Inforce WMLX on my house AR. I really like the features and ergonomics of the unit, and the price is right too. But they drain batteries even when not in use. You have to leave the lens unscrewed a quarter turn to keep from killing the batteries and remember to tighten it when you use it. I'll probably bite the bullet at some point and spring for a Surefire.

Gun Airsoft Shotgun Airsoft gun Games

As for my HD shotgun, I run an old school Surefire 618. How old you ask? It has LASER PRODUCTS CORP. molded into the housing. :grin

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.