JAX - Blue Angels Sea and Sky Air Show

Thread: JAX - Blue Angels Sea and Sky Air Show

JAX - Blue Angels Sea and Sky Air Show

Anyone from JAX?
    I'm curious how it is that weapons can be prohibited at this outdoor event?
    Link: https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...d-sky-air-show

I'm not familiar with the venue, but something about this just doesn't seem correct to me. (?)

And I guess, (I've never thought about it), but is the same prohibition true at the South Florida Air & Sea Show?
    I have not attended in probably 8-10 years, as I never seem to find the time.

not to worry, all aircraft will be unarmed.

Distinguished Member Lautermilch's Avatar
    I would guess it is the 'private venue' rule that are on a lot of videos where the city rents public space for an event and now it is 'private property under control of the promoter during the event.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Went No problems at all. Jax beach parking lot was about the size of area that had no weapon sign, never entered.
    Watched from beach (Atlantic/Neptune). All in all great show ; )
    Y/D
    [B]If you don't like the way we do it in the south, then take I-95 N , I-75 N or (I-10 W)SEE YA!! ; )[/B]

Maybe they are referring to the parking arrangements:

Parking at Jacksonville Beach will be limited during the event so people were encouraged to take advantage of the park and ride shuttle at FSCJ South campus on Beach Boulevard...

FSCJ = Florida State College of Jacksonville
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by Lautermilch View Post
    I would guess it is the 'private venue' rule that are on a lot of videos where the city rents public space for an event and now it is 'private property under control of the promoter during the event.
    Precisely. I went to a seafood festival in St. Pete & security went to wand me & I said no, he said why, I said cause then You’ll find my gun. He said you cant have a gun in here, I said why, it’s public property, he said cause they serve alcohol. I laughed & said you don’t know do you, he said no, that’s what they told us to say. I said that is NOT a valid reason for no guns, as I was looking at a pretty SPD SGT. who was overhearing our conversation. She came over & said, no that isn’t a valid reason to deny lawfully carrying a concealed weapon, but the promoter had a permit from the city for the event & as such, that property was under they’re rules for the term of the event & they’re rules said no weapons. To which I thanked her for the explanation, told my wife I was gonna run to the car & stash my pistol & the SGT. thanked me for my cooperation & gave me a couple tokens she had left over & said here, you’ll need a cold one by the time you get back!! I was thinkin .... yeah, cold shower now!!!!

Sposors