Handgun stopping power? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Handgun stopping power?

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    You make some valid points.
    However, juries don't necessarily decide cases on facts. They decide innocents or guilt like they (including you and I) decide most things, on emotion. If you have a gifted prosecutor who can spin a good story facts are not as important. The same holds for a defense attorney. Just look at the verdict in the OJ Simpson case. Facts as clear as the noonday sun in Miami and yet OJ walked.
    Those prosecutors were weak, his defense team was strong. Juries, when educated properly through testimony and actual case histories that are relevant to the case or case law usually weigh unsubstantiated allegations against evidence pretty well. A sharp defense atty would object and the judge would sustain the objection, if a DA/prosecutor ever tried to convince the jury you tried to kill that aggressor. That goes to mindset, objections are always sustained as neither the DA nor judge, without direct testimony from the defender can state what someone's mindset was at any given moment in time.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Those prosecutors were weak, his defense team was strong. Juries, when educated properly through testimony and actual case histories that are relevant to the case or case law usually weigh unsubstantiated allegations against evidence pretty well. A sharp defense atty would object and the judge would sustain the objection, if a DA/prosecutor ever tried to convince the jury you tried to kill that aggressor. That goes to mindset, objections are always sustained as neither the DA nor judge, without direct testimony from the defender can state what someone's mindset was at any given moment in time.
    You give far too much credit to intellectual prowess of people on a jury. These are the same people that vote for and elect our politicians.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You give far too much credit to intellectual prowess of people on a jury. These are the same people that vote for and elect our politicians.

Now THAT is a frightening concept.
    Mr. Ed < of course^2>
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    SAF & CCRKBA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nah, I don't give them credit for intellectual prowess, all the more reason to have an atty who can dumb it down to the basic tenet of lawful SD. There's always a risk, but that risk can be mitigated by proper jury nullification by my attys. That's where it starts.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

The OJ trial was a joke. The prosecutors were weak and incompetent in the face of a strong team. The judge was piss poor and star struck pathetic excuse of a judge. The glove that didnt fit was moronic and a good attorney would have chewed that to pieces. They allowed the LA detective to be branded corrupt. It couldn’t have been worse. I watched most of it on a daily basis at work.....fortunately he got what he deserved in Vegas with a no nonsense judge and prosecutor.....
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Sposors