You see a lot of people running and yelling "shooter!" What do you do? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: You see a lot of people running and yelling "shooter!" What do you do?

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I'll spell it out as simple as I know how....

If I am separated from my family in a SHTF situation (again not likely, but for the sake of the discussion), I am NOT going to "shelter in place" and hope they're OK. I'm NOT staying put. I will not obey any orders to stay put. WILL NOT. Any complications that occur along the way... I'll address as I go along, including your scenario.

But, I'm not staying put. You go ahead and stay put. That's your choice. Not mine, though. Your hypothetical scenario does not change my mind about my decision to move rather than shelter and hope. It is not an effective argument against my strategy. So, your scenario is irrelevant to my predetermined decision to move and try to find my family.

If I'm alone, it's also unlikely that I will "shelter in place" in the mall. I'm going to most likely GTFO. I won't be a fish in a barrel, even if "ordered" to do so.

I don't expect that everyone will agree with my approach. That's OK. To each their own.
    Good grief.....
    Show me where I said I’d stay put other than when I was being sarcastic about getting some free pizza?
    I agreed with you in the effort to not stay put and rejoin your family.
    Yet you still have not answered the simple question.
    In your refusal to stay put and in your attempt to rejoin your family you realize you’re now separated by a freshly rolled down gate.
    HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REJOIN YOUR FAMILY?
    Is that clear and simple enough for you to answer?
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
    Good grief.....
    Show me where I said I’d stay put other than when I was being sarcastic about getting some free pizza?
    I agreed with you in the effort to not stay put and rejoin your family.
    Yet you still have not answered the simple question.
    In your refusal to stay put and in your attempt to rejoin your family you realize you’re now separated by a freshly rolled down gate.
    HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REJOIN YOUR FAMILY?
    Is that clear and simple enough for you to answer?
    The question is pointless and irrelevant. Nevertheless, I just answered your question above. I'll deal with that possibility WHEN I GET THERE. That possibility changes NOTHING about my decision to go on the move to find them.

To answer your question as bluntly as possible: Who gives a f**k if there is a gate there when I find them?? I found them! Mission accomplished. If the gate is locked, then I'll find cover (if possible) and stand guard until it isn't locked. But, I'll likely instruct them to leave the store out the back... and to knock the $hit out of anyone who tries to stop them.

What is your point? Seriously... what IS your point here? Are you trying to refute my position or strategy? What would you do differently?

That all said and SETTLED (as far as I'm concerned), there's a pretty good chance we'll have "comms," too (everyone has a cell phone). "Dad, we're locked in at the GAP store." Or, "We escaped out of the mall through the food court and are out in the parking lot now." I will proceed accordingly. But, I'm not staying put.

To me, this is binary. You either stay put, or you move. So, any hypotheticals beyond that are matters of contingency, but they don't change my decision to MOVE.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

To answer your question as bluntly as possible: Who gives a f**k if there is a gate there when I find them?? I found them! Mission accomplished. If the gate is locked, then I'll find cover (if possible) and stand guard until it isn't locked. But, I'll likely instruct them to leave the store out the back... and to knock the $hit out of anyone who tries to stop them
    Why it took three times being asked the same to get that simple answer I don’t know?
    I have no point and would do the same as you. Was only asking about one specific aspect.
    That’s ALL...

And since your name is Racer and you ‘hit it first’ I’m sure you’d find them pretty quickly.
    COTEP#782

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post

And since your name is Racer and you ‘hit it first’ I’m sure you’d find them pretty quickly.
    That's what she said!
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    That's what she said!
    In that case I think she’d hope you’d take your time and not be known as the minuteman....
    COTEP#782

Just in case you missed it, the scare ended up being caused by a cleaning guy popping a balloon! Great discussion though.

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Wolfe View Post
    Just in case you missed it, the scare ended up being caused by a cleaning guy popping a balloon! Great discussion though.
    And if that was not enough fake news for the week, the bomb that exploded at the Montana school wasn't...

Montana authorities say a device they initially thought to be the remnants of a homemade bomb in an elementary school playground didn't explode – and it wasn't even a bomb.

Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said Tuesday that further investigation found the plastic bottle wrapped in black tape was full of washers, nuts and bolts, along with a non-flammable unidentified liquid. There was no detonator attached to the bottle.

Dutton says a homeless person carried the bottle from a nearby construction site and left it in Helena's Rossiter Elementary School playground.

Initially, authorities said the bottle was an improvised explosive device that detonated sometime before school began. Dutton says authorities passed on information they believed to be true at the time, and that school officials acted appropriately.

There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Super Moderator
    ^^^^
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors