CWP Not Accepted as Second ID Today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CWP Not Accepted as Second ID Today

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post
    The photograph on the ID is compared to the person standing before the Election Day Worker and the signature on the ID is compared to the signature on record.If the voter’s picture ID does not contain a signature, an additional document with signature may be used.
    This created a brief issue for me at the polls once.

First, the notion of poll workers being "handwriting experts" is laughable on its face. Utterly ABSURD.

The signature on my license is OLD. Really old. At least a decade or more? Because I sign my name many times a day (at work), my signature has evolved since then... it's more and more illegible... about the only readable letter is the first letter followed by what has become more of a running line.

So, my signature did not match the one on the license. I explained why. She didn't care. So, I said, "Give me my license, and I'll copy the signature." She did, and so I did exactly that. STUPID. Proves NOTHING. But, she was an unthinking cog in the wheel who robotically follows orders.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

FWIW;I was recently in the NYC area.

The NY State MVB has just STARTED issuing "Real ID' drivers licenses one year before the TSA deadline.
    In Nov. 2020 there will be a giant backup at all NYS airports at security.
    PA does not even issue them so my daughter there has a passport to fly domestically.
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

"DISLOYAL" JEW

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1825-H) O-3

Life Member V V A

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

MAKE AMERICA AMERICAN AGAIN

Considering the governing bodies of those states, that certainly isn’t a surprise, actually it’s quite comical.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    This created a brief issue for me at the polls once.

First, the notion of poll workers being "handwriting experts" is laughable on its face. Utterly ABSURD.

The signature on my license is OLD. Really old. At least a decade or more? Because I sign my name many times a day (at work), my signature has evolved since then... it's more and more illegible... about the only readable letter is the first letter followed by what has become more of a running line.

So, my signature did not match the one on the license. I explained why. She didn't care. So, I said, "Give me my license, and I'll copy the signature." She did, and so I did exactly that. STUPID. Proves NOTHING. But, she was an unthinking cog in the wheel who robotically follows orders.

As a poll worker, a CWFL is an acceptable form of ID in conjunction with another that meets the criteria of photo, signature and address
    I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinFl View Post
    As a poll worker, a CWFL is an acceptable form of ID in conjunction with another that meets the criteria of photo, signature and address
    That doesn't solve the imaginary "issue" that my current signature does not match my old signature on my license, according to the handwriting analysis experts working the polls.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member Lautermilch's Avatar
    All is well. I passed the test and already got my license.

Quote Originally Posted by joecarry View Post
    I ran into that with some kind of certification test. Wasn't valid but I think a credit / debit card was. Whatever?

I've since got a US Passport card that I carry and leave the passport in the safe at home. Not that I've needed it much for a second ID.
    Same here, I keep the passport card on me like my d/l at all times. That card will always be accepted as a second form of ID
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Sposors