New Panther - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Panther

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Had you in mind and one of the Panthers I'm ordering is for developing my own ambidextrous shooting.
    That’s great. Now that I can shoot with both hands, I would never go back to shooting strong side only.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan, June 6, 1984, speech at Omaha Beach Memorial
    COTEP: 739

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
    That’s great. Now that I can shoot with both hands, I would never go back to shooting strong side only.
    Unlike how it seemed to all of us observing you do it, I expect it be slow progress for me but our range trips after our breakfast outings (will be planning another one shortly), I have spent more time shooting from the weak side. It's also fun to bring two P229s and two 1911s and shoot with one in each hand, alternating sides! Of course, that didn't include drawing.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

This is something I keep telling myself to work on and never do. D’oh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Got the holster yesterday PM, and used it all day today carrying the P229 Legion that S4 helped me get.

I’ve been shooting both strong and weak hand for over 11 years now (freestyle and strong hand for much longer than that), but have never tried carrying and drawing from the off (left for me) side. I have reloaded that way without issue, but I wasn’t on a timer while doing it.

I’m sure that if I had an injury that had my right arm out of commission for a while I’d be getting a LH holster for carry.

I think I was at the first class that Edge shot totally left handed, and he did really well! . I don’t remember if I was shooting or RSO’ing though. . BH would remember, as he’s still a young’un. . Compared to some of us anyway...
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 10-12-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Super Moderator
    ^^^^
    I believe when edgehill did that first course left handed, impressing all of us in the process, you were indeed one of the ROs, but got to shoot a little, too. Not feeling so young these days, though!
    Last edited by BeerHunter; 10-13-2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Correct the autocorrect strange word substitution
    -BH

Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member 7.62Kolectr's Avatar
    Still no pitchurs?

When I first started carrying like 30yrs ago I alternated between a Ruger Sp101 and a Beretta 92 Centurion. Both of those I carried left handed as it’s basically my true strong side. The Beretta is reversed the mag release and was good to go. The revo there wasn’t much I could do about it. But then I got more guns and more holsters the majority of which all seemed the be ‘right handed’. So for the last couple decades I’ve been carrying right handed. It’s gotten to the point to where my true strong/weak sides have switched but I still feel fine with either hand. Rifles though still feel a bit better when I shoot them left handed. Makes for an easier clutter free transition to carry the rifle left handed and have my pistol on the right side. Because as I drop the rifle and swing it behind me with my left hand my right hand is already coming up to draw the pistol. Keeps things from interfering with one another.

Did I mention that I still don’t see any pitchurs?
    ¥ The origin of your right to keep and bear arms ¥
    http://constitution.org/lrev/rkba_wayment.htm
    COTEP#782

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    if youve spent any amount of time in threat focused courses and practicing threat focused shooting youll find shooting with the weak hand come quite naturally and instinctively...

"the mind is the limiting factor" is brownie's tag line and time spent with him can be life changing if you let go of any preconceived notions you have about how things work and let your natural abilities take over...
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    if youve spent any amount of time in threat focused courses and practicing threat focused shooting youll find shooting with the weak hand comes quite naturally and instinctively...

"the mind is the limiting factor" is brownie's tag line and time spent with him can be life changing if you let go of any preconceived notions you have about how things work and let your natural abilities take over...
    Absolute truths to those of us that have taken the opportunity to train with Brownie; and an absolute mystery to the multitudes who cling to the dogma of the FSP.

To quote another Brownieism; “they don’t know what they don’t know...”
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    ^^^^
    I believe when edgehill did that first course left handed, impressing all of us in the process, you were indeed one of the ROs, but got to shoot a little, too. Not feeling so young these days, though!
    Well, I’d like to tell you that it gets better, but as my Momma used to tell me; “son, getting old ain’t for sissies.”
    Rick

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Well, I’d like to tell you that it gets better, but as my Momma used to tell me; “son, getting old ain’t for sissies.”
    Yup, gettin' old sucks but it beats the alternative!
    -BH

-- George Orwell

-- Herbert Spencer

Sposors