Man Reports His Pistol Stolen —So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man Reports His Pistol Stolen —So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

Need not worry, more laws are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    This is one of those laws where a good guy is punished because a bad guy broke another law.
    HUH!?! The guy who broke the law got punished for it. It may be a bad law, but the law is clear, and he unquestionalby violated it.

I really don't get where you're coming from on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    HUH!?! The guy who broke the law got punished for it. It may be a bad law, but the law is clear, and he unquestionalby violated it.

I really don't get where you're coming from on this.
    Coming right down the middle of the road. I don't remember the thief getting punished for stealing the gun.
    But "Jerome said the next day he discovered his pistol had been lifted from the car’s unlocked glove box and the driver’s side door was open."
    Even if the car door was locked (it wasn't) that doesn't seem to matter anymore either "Capt. Richard Conklin told The Register the state believes storing a firearm in a car – even a locked car – is not “a prudent thing to do.”

Looked like Jerome was immediately arrested and stripped of his rights for reporting a stolen gun.

Only curve ball is many laws are created to make our lives more difficult.
    What's the next law that we fold for? Because it's reasonable and for our own good.

When is inconvenience an infringement?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I don't remember the thief getting punished for stealing the gun.
    The thief hasn't been caught yet. When he is he will, no doubt, be punished.

Looked like Jerome was immediately arrested and stripped of his rights for reporting a stolen gun.
    No. It doesn't look anything like that. What it looks like is that he was arrested because he violated the law concerning storage of a firearm. He broke the law. Plain and simple.

If you want to argue that it's a bad law, we can do that (and I will probably -- mostly -- agree with you). But continuing to insist that he was arrested for making the stolen gun report is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverd0n View Post
    The thief hasn't been caught yet. When he is he will, no doubt, be punished.

No. It doesn't look anything like that. What it looks like is that he was arrested because he violated the law concerning storage of a firearm. He broke the law. Plain and simple.

If you want to argue that it's a bad law, we can do that (and I will probably -- mostly -- agree with you). But continuing to insist that he was arrested for making the stolen gun report is just ridiculous.
    Sorry, I'm the under educated welder that wants to help make a difference but has issues with clearly making his point in the written word.
    Yes, I think it's a crappy law and we did not gain our freedom by following all the laws.
    I'm going to make a couple aSSumptions.
    Jerome, his friends and most that hear about this are going to think twice about reporting a stolen or missing firearm.

I will have to insist if Jerome kept his mouth shut Jerome would be missing one gun and we would not have this conversation.

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm the under educated welder that wants to help make a difference but has issues with clearly making his point in the written word. . . .

. . . Jerome, his friends and most that hear about this are going to think twice about reporting a stolen or missing firearm.

I will have to insist if Jerome kept his mouth shut Jerome would be missing one gun and we would not have this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    If I were that guy I'd totally be wondering how the thief picked the lock on my car. Memory's a fickle beach.
    You don't sound undereducated to me. You sound spot on.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Super Moderator
    Sorry, I'm the under educated welder that wants to help make a difference but has issues with clearly making his point in the written word.
    Yes, I think it's a crappy law and we did not gain our freedom by following all the laws.
    I'm going to make a couple aSSumptions.
    Jerome, his friends and most that hear about this are going to think twice about reporting a stolen or missing firearm.

Might work for a while. . . perhaps until the thief gets caught commiting a crime with the stolen firearm and then law enforcement is able to trace the firearm back to the owner that didn't report it stolen. Then there might be some splainin' to do!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

I'm not really this old.

Sposors