Man Reports His Pistol Stolen —So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Reports His Pistol Stolen —So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

Man Reports His Pistol Stolen —So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

Feeling kind of safe posting this.
    Searched key words
    Man Reports His Pistol Stolen
    Police Take Away All His Guns
    Connecticut man had his pistol permit and firearms seized

— So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

Coming soon to a state near you?
    https://pluralist.com/connecticut-ma...MeRqsaDzVXSaTw

More overkill by the idiots that think the honest citizens are responsible for what the thieves and criminals do.

Personally, I don't think it is a persons responsibility to have to lock up anything,
    All Burglars, Thieves & Criminals caught in action need to be put to death immediately.
    Why are the VICTIMS being the ones PUNISHED ??????????
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    More overkill by the idiots that think the honest citizens are responsible for what the thieves and criminals do.

Personally, I don't think it is a persons responsibility to have to lock up anything,
    All Burglars, Thieves & Criminals caught in action need to be put to death immediately.
    Why are the VICTIMS being the ones PUNISHED ??????????
    Ronnie
    most of the time I certainly agree with this. But people need to be held responsible for their actions. Was the weapon reasonably secured then stolen?
    If someone leave a car on a hill without remembering to set the parking brake or put the shift into gear or park and the car rolls down hill with your logic it was only an accident and the driver should not be responsible?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

When I lived in NJ a line I heard often enough from youths (people my age at the time)
    The car was unlocked, if he didn't want me to have it he would have locked his car. Now it's mine.
    That included anything in the car, whether locked or not didn't really matter but if the car was unlocked they felt they did no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    When I lived in NJ a line I heard often enough from youths (people my age at the time)
    The car was unlocked, if he didn't want me to have it he would have locked his car. Now it's mine.
    That included anything in the car, whether locked or not didn't really matter but if the car was unlocked they felt they did no wrong.
    I agree, stealing is JUST AS WRONG as not being responsible for ones actions.

Distinguished Member
    So what exactly is the big shocker with this story? It states right in the article that
    The new law, which took effect on Oct. 1, prohibits storing a handgun in an unattended motor vehicle if it is not in the trunk, a locked safe or a locked glove box.
    And where was his stored? In an UNlocked glove compartment inside an UNlocked car. Say what you will about that law, the fact is it is the law and there's no good reason to expect that law to pass and then be treated differently than any other law.

It's CT, what can one say? The only difference between CT and CA is in CT the libs generally have their own money to spend on themselves whereas they don't in CA.
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

Break the law, get arrested. Wow! What a concept!

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    If I were that guy I'd totally be wondering how the thief picked the lock on my car. Memory's a fickle beach.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    most of the time I certainly agree with this. But people need to be held responsible for their actions. Was the weapon reasonably secured then stolen?
    If someone leave a car on a hill without remembering to set the parking brake or put the shift into gear or park and the car rolls down hill with your logic it was only an accident and the driver should not be responsible?
    Perfectly logical analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    Although one shouldn't have to worry about thieves taking one's property, theives have existed for eons and do what theives do. So anyone that wants to try and keep their property should take precautions to make it as difficult as possible for thieves to succeed in their goal. That's why most people lock the doors and windows of their home. Since firearm theft is such a problem, one should take precautions that their firearm is hard for anyone unauthorized to access it when not in use. CT passed a law effective 01 OCT 2019 and a firearm owner didn't comply with the law. So good law or bad, it is current law and he or she has only themselves to blame for having to suffer the consequences.

The UNlocked glovebox or compartment of an UNlocked automobile is safe storage of a firearm, said no one!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    This 26 yr old broke the law in his state that said it's a crime to leave an unattended, unlocked firearm in his car. He was rightfully arrested and will probably be convicted. This is not some law abiding citizen having his 2A rights infringed upon. Every firearm owner has an obligation to "reasonably" secure their weapons from unauthorized access or theft, regardless if the law requires it or not.
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

Sposors