So, is WalMart on your list?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is WalMart on your list?

Distinguished Member

So, is WalMart on your list?

WalMart CEO announced today that the company will no longer sell handgun ammo, "short-barreled rifle ammo that can be used with military style weapons" (which is what they're calling .223/5.56), and in some stores no more gun sales period. This is in response to two shootings that took place at WalMarts this year.

Story here

So the question is, will they feel the economic pain that Dick's felt? Their CEO certainly doesn't have the same stickyness to the CEO chair that Dick's CEO does. Seems that guy can lose a billion dollars and none of the shareholders seem to care, but that certainly WON'T be the case with WalMart. There are too many investment funds and retirement funds backing Wally's financial empire, and if that wall starts to shake, heads will definitely roll.

Thoughts?
    A man with two watches never really knows what time it is.
    M. Twain

I think the feminists probably need some serious man in their lives.
    Delores O'Riodan

I don't think the effect will be the same (as Dicks).

Dicks is a sporting good store. Walmart is a huge department store that sells everything (and some ammo on the side).

The majority of Dicks customers are sportsmen (some of whom care about this). Walmart is everyone else (who won't give a $hit about this).

- - - Updated - - -

But, it sucks, because I have bought ammo at walmart for many years on a regular basis.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Makes a difference to me. Just like with the red flag laws, all this garbage is incremental, and will work at turning public sentiment against gun owners. And it's working
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

COTEP #523
    Founding Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
    Makes a difference to me. Just like with the red flag laws, all this garbage is incremental, and will work at turning public sentiment against gun owners. And it's working
    I think the public sentiment ship sailed long ago. We are divided. Clearly and sharply. There are very few fence-sitters left that are going to be swayed to the anti side because of walmart's idiotic decision.

That said, literally as we speak, I'm conversing with a fence-sitter about meeting him at the range. He's interested in getting a gun, but he's still a bit ambivalent about it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Haven't bought ammo or guns at Walmart for years so it makes no difference to me. Tariffs are going to hit Walmart harder than lack of gun sales.

If course, they may not sell 9mm for my PC Carbine anymore but I can still buy 300 AAC for my AR pistol.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AS A "SNOWFLAKE"liberal,I do not go to Wally World.
    Years ago ,when there was an ammo shortage,I bought ammo there.
    Do not bother insulting me....at the time,i confessed to being a "WHORE".
    I still do not go to Chick Filet but that's my ONLY boycott.
    I even watch FOX!!!!!!
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

"DISLOYAL" JEW

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1825-H) O-3

Life Member V V A

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

MAKE AMERICA AMERICAN AGAIN

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    AS A "SNOWFLAKE"liberal,I do not go to Wally World.
    Years ago ,when there was an ammo shortage,I bought ammo there.
    Do not bother insulting me....at the time,i confessed to being a "WHORE".
    I even watch FOX!!!!!!
    We appreciate you not going to Chick Fillet, leaves more for us!
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Awe man. That freaking sucks! I’m sorry but I love stopping at WalMart and picking up a couple 100 round boxes of Federal Champion 9mm on my way to the range as opposed to having to buy that in bulk too. My fear is soon it’s only small stores you can buy at, such as mom and pops,and gun ranges. Those places are never cheap either. Worse is they aren’t ever guaranteed to be/stay in business.

Eventually they will almost certainly shut down the online purchasing of ammo as well. I can see that happening in the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    What is the issue with liberals and Chick-fil-A? The only thing I've read is that they donate money to typical Christian causes. What else is there?
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I think the public sentiment ship sailed long ago. We are divided. Clearly and sharply. There are very few fence-sitters left that are going to be swayed to the anti side because of walmart's idiotic decision.

That said, literally as we speak, I'm conversing with a fence-sitter about meeting him at the range. He's interested in getting a gun, but he's still a bit ambivalent about it.

If you need any company, I'd love to attend but quietly observe, if it fits my schedule.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors