Notice of suspension of application
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notice of suspension of application

Notice of suspension of application

I just received a notice of suspension of application.. based upon the following criminal history information received by the department indicating that on October 11, 2013 in Miami Dade County Florida I was arrested for driving while license suspended .. it's been more than 90 days they say it will take to make their decision,, what should I do.. somebody help me plz..

Why did you post this question 3 times in 3 different forums?

To your question, DWLSR is a civil infraction the first time, a misdemeanor the second time, and a felony the third time (except habitual traffic offenders where it is a felony right out of the gate). Which was yours? Because if it wasn't a felony the state shouldn't care about it anyway for CWFL purposes.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Super Moderator
    All three threads merged/deleted and remaining thread moved to the correct location, License Questions!

Brian's question is spot on but you may not want to answer here. Now what you should do is seek legal counsel!!! Also, if you're not a member of Florida Carry, I would strongly consider joining. Good luck with your case.
    Last edited by BeerHunter; 08-29-2019 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I posted three times cause I was trying to get a quick respond at that time. 🏽..
    I do have this charge more than once but none is dated for October 11, 2013 and all the others disposition shows WITHHOLD ADJDCTN., should I just wait it out and let them do Their research?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.305 View Post
    I do have this charge more than once but none is dated for October 11, 2013 and all the others disposition shows WITHHOLD ADJDCTN.,
    Sorry,

You should have taken the advice about not posting information here. Your actions show a pattern of disregard for the law! So, they might have a reason to be suspect! Many times, people get their license suspended because their insurance lapses in this state and they are not notified correctly etc... So I get the first time. But subsequent times, you are in the know and well.......

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.305 View Post
    I posted three times cause I was trying to get a quick respond at that time. 🏽..
    I do have this charge more than once but none is dated for October 11, 2013 and all the others disposition shows WITHHOLD ADJDCTN., should I just wait it out and let them do Their research?
    Multiple posts don't get you a quicker response. That not how these forums work. Regardless, the above indicates you've been charged multiple times with violation of F.S. 322.34 Driving while license suspended, revoked, cancelled, or disqualified and while we don't know the specifics of your situation, multiple violations of the same statute does not bode well for your argument against DOACS. In fact, it makes one wonder if you've been held in violation of F.S. 322.34(5):

(5) Any person who has been designated a habitual traffic offender as defined by s. 322.264 and who drives any motor vehicle upon the highways of this state while designated a habitual traffic offender is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s.775.084.
    So I'll repeat my earlier recommendation that you seek legal counsel! In the meantime, a repeat offender indicates a pattern of behavior that won't garner much sympathy from the membership here.
    -BH

Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Driving on a suspended should not be a felony - I don't care how many times it happens.
    It's just not enough (to me) to warrant the forever loss of one's 2nd Amendment rights.

...especially when one witnesses how many of the jackass drivers behave on the roadways in South Florida, who presumably, have licenses.

I can see where someone gets into such financial turmoil with the loss of driving privileges that it becomes its own debtor's prison.
    People have to work to pay the fines, and with our wonderful mass transit here, what are the practical alternatives?
    That system needs reform. Badly, in my opinion.

That's not to say I think people shouldn't have valid driver licenses, or that there shouldn't be consequences.
    I just don't believe it should rise to the level of loss of 2A rights.

I agree^^

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    I agree^^
    On principle, I agree! I don't think one should lose their 2A rights for even "habitual offender" designation of non-criminal motor vehicle statutes.
    -BH

-- George Orwell

-- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    On principle, I agree! I don't think one should lose their 2A rights for even "habitual offender" designation of non-criminal motor vehicle statutes.
    Same here.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Sposors