Florida Concealed Carry banner

Been enjoying the site

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Earl 007 
#1 ·
Did not follow forums until I found this one a few years ago. Just discovered I am supposed to introduce myself. Sorry for the oversight. I am near Ocala having moved here from Flagstaff when I retired as a CPA/attorney 20+ years ago. Could not handle those winters any longer. Stopped gun hunting back in the 80s when I reached a ridge and saw another hunter watching me thru his scope. Realized there are too many crazies out there. Bow hunted exclusively ever since.

Got my FL carry permit when I moved here, but did not get any training until I went to Front Sight in 2013. What an eye opener. Went back the next year with my wife and adult kids and have been attending different training courses annually ever since. The best of the 10 or so I have attended in IMHO is MAG 40, MAG 80, Gun Sight and Randy Cain's courses, not necessarily in that order.

Set up both a pistol and 100yd rifle range on my property so I get a lot of practice. Handload, but stopped casting lead back in the 80s. I have found those fumes are just too dangerous for amateurs.

#3 ·
Welcome! I used to spend a week every Easter and two weeks every summer in Oak Creek Canyon at Don Hole’s cabins. Flagstaff area is gorgeous but I can imagine winters are tough. Took my wife and kids on a trip out that way last summer and we spent a night in Flagstaff before heading to Grand Canyon.

#4 ·
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Roberts! :wave

#7 ·
Welcome. My aunt had a little ranch near Camp Verde where I spent a lot of time as a kid. My uncle had a big ranch near Cottonwood I used to hunt a lot. I had another aunt and uncle who lived in Sedona. It’s beautiful country, but Flag can be a little chilly in the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.