Florida Concealed Carry banner

Kel-Tec Sub2000 in desert camo

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  45Freak 
#1 ·
Just acquired one that takes the glock 17/33 round mags as the new truck/camping/hiking [ backpack carry ]. I've got a soft short assault rifle case for it, will hold 15 33 round sticks [ I have 20 of them already in stock at the house for my g17's ]. It's got a threaded barrel and barrel nut protector, I've got a 9mm can that will screw right onto the muzzle threads.

Gone is the cheap front sight, replaced with something very close to an AR front sight post and adjustments. 3 adjustments for LOP, it came set up with the shortest LOP, too short of me, and the longest setting was a little too long, so I settled on the middle position for LOP, seems to come up and point just fine.

16" barrel, ballistic by the inch tells me standard 115 ball should be clocking 1370 per second or close to it instead of the 1150 from the G17 pistol. It'll be interesting to see what the bullet drop is at 100 yrds sighted in for 25 yrds. I'll have to run the ballistics calculator and compare field results to their numbers on bullet drop at various distances.

I'll check where it's zero'd when the weather cools off some and I can get to the public range so I can bench it while tweaking the sights regulations.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like it's quite utilitarian and fun! :2thumsup

#8 ·
Agreed, nice score.
....but I never quite understood 9mm in this platform. :dunno

(This coming from a guy who owns a 590 Shockwave.) :)
cheap to shoot, literally little to no recoil, 30+ rds on tap without a mag change. In a rifle barrel, same energy as a SD load at 15 yrds with a pistol.

Thx to all who've responded. It now sits in a small backpack with 4 30's, 2 17's and the can [ it has a threaded barrel ] :grin

#14 ·
I believe there is a red dot mount that flips away when folded and supposedly holds zero pretty well. Can’t confirm it’s true tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Cool! I bet it's a hoot!

#21 ·
We'll see, I'm supposed to meet a customer up at the public range one day next week to dial it in off the bench. Sighted for 25 yrds, still dead nut on at 50, a little low at 10-15 yds and a little 3" or so low at 100 according to the ballistics calculator. :thumsup

#24 ·
Nice score. I have a gen 2 in .40 and love it. Matter of fact just got my shipment of bulk ammo last night and looking forward to bringing on next range day. The only issues I have had are when running a cheap 30 round mag. I bought two and tossed one. The other seems fine. Als have OEM 22 round mag and lots of OEM mags that go with my G23. Never an issue with those. It’s a fun gun to shoot, and can fill many a niche. Enjoy.

#29 · (Edited)
I have to stick with my Yugo M70AB2, it is small, it uses rifle ammo so if aggressor is wearing body armor they likely will not continue the fight. It's just what I'm comfortable with. We must carry what we can trust and believe will protect our lives, if that means a Sub 2000 or an AK underfolder so be it. Good luck with your new found partner and may it serve you well!
Bag Fashion accessory Luggage and bags

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.