What is FCC's thoughts about the Charter arms undercover lite?

Thread: What is FCC's thoughts about the Charter arms undercover lite?

What is FCC's thoughts about the Charter arms undercover lite?

After reading GeorgeKM post here.
    https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.co...=1#post1839013

It's looking like a viable option for a light weight revolver.
    https://charterfirearms.com/collections/undercover-lite

Claiming 12 oz
    5-shot .38 Special features a 2" barrel, fixed sights and is available with a traditional spurred or a double-action only hammer.

I've owned a couple of Charter Arms guns over the years. With a Charter Arms, you are obviously not buying the Cadillac of revolvers. As long as you understand that, I think you'll be happy with the gun. They are decently made, at a very competitive price point.

Distinguished Member
    I have a ruger lcr in .38. It weighs 13.5 oz and is not a gun I’d want to put a lot of rounds through. It kicks like crazy and is generally unpleasant to shoot. A 12 oz. pistol should be slightly more unpleasant to use. So, my take is that if you already have good double action revolver skills, it would be ok because you wouldn’t need to shoot it too much to prove to yourself you can effectively use it. If you are just starting out as a revolver shooter, I think you should find something more forgiving with which to acquire the skills you need like a 4” GP 100, a 4” SP 101 or a S&W 4” heavy barrel Model 10. Once you’ve got the skills, you could move on to a lightweight snubbie.
    I own both a S&W Model 686 4” and a S&W Model 10 heavy barrel and find them to be very pleasant when shooting .38 Special ammo, even +p .38s.
    Last edited by ArthurDent; 08-09-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    I have a ruger lcr in .38. It weighs 13.5 oz and is not a gun I’d want to put a lot of rounds through. It kicks like crazy and is generally unpleasant to shoot. A 12 oz. pistol should be slightly more unpleasant to use. So, my take is that if you already have good double action revolver skills, it would be ok because you wouldn’t need to shoot it too much to prove to yourself you can effectively use it. If you are just starting out as a revolver shooter, I think you should find something more forgiving with which to acquire the skills you need like a 4” GP 100, a 4” SP 101 or a S&W 4” heavy barrel Model 10. Once you’ve got the skills, you could move on to a lightweight snubbie.
    I own both a S&W Model 686 4” and a S&W Model 10 heavy barrel and find them to be very pleasant when shooting .38 Special ammo, even +p .38s.
    This^^^^^

Can’t speak for the Charter Arms as I have never handled one but, you can’t go wrong with a Smith. My lady loves her 642.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

I'll add, I have yet to hold one of these feather weight revolvers.
    My 1st revolver and home protection device is a Ruger police service six 2 3/4" barrel .357 mag. in stainless, bought in the early 90's.
    Also in my collection about 7 years now is 6" GP 100 also .357 mag. in stainless.
    Neither of which I have any interest in carrying around but enjoy shooting.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    I'll add, I have yet to hold one of these feather weight revolvers.
    My 1st revolver and home protection device is a Ruger police service six 2 3/4" barrel .357 mag. in stainless, bought in the early 90's.
    Also in my collection about 7 years now is 6" GP 100 also .357 mag. in stainless.
    Neither of which I have any interest in carrying around but enjoy shooting.
    It looks like you’ve got the revolver skill set. You might want to rent one and try it out before you buy. If you can’t find the exact pistol you want, the lcr might make a decent substitute. Try putting 100 rounds or so through it and then decide if you want to buy.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

It is what I have carried for years doing HVAC work I would come home and shake the perspiration off of it. I've been retired for 4 years and still pocket carry it on a daily basis all the time. I'm amazed at how it holds up compared to others I have tried to do that with.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Sposors