How about those "it can't happen here. wouldn't ever happen to me" people. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about those "it can't happen here. wouldn't ever happen to me" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    Hey, I like Walmart. When I have nothing to do, I go up to Walmart and get in an electric scooter and ride around until the battery dies.
    Then I go home.

Ronnie

Instead of a "Tactical Wally Walk," it's a "Tactical Wally Cruise!"
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I find the parking lot at Walmart makes puts me on edge. I carry my gun into Walmart every time I go. When and if that becomes impossible I will stop going there. I don't go there very often to begin with. Most of the "weirdos" at Walmart are most likely harmless but I don't want to have to be around them.

My house is very secure, I don't drink, I don't chase women, I don't put gas in my car at night, I don't go to outside ATM machines. There are very few places I go without a gun. Being retired let's me do things on my schedule.

Any place can quickly become a dangerous place to be and situational awareness with pre planning is the key to reducing risk. Reducing risk is all that can be done in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    Hey, I like Walmart. When I have nothing to do, I go up to Walmart and get in an electric scooter and ride around until the battery dies.
    Then I go home.

Ronnie
    I'm curious..
    On average, how long does it take to drain down a Walmart scooter battery?

'cause I've seen some really HUGE people riding those things and that's got to put a real hurt on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Good thread, hornet!

Yup! I go nowhere without my EDC kit on me always if I'm awake, even when I go out of the house just to take the trash/recycling to the curb or walk the dog. If I'm going to sleep, the EDC kit is deployable before I even leave the bed and more kit is nearby. Now I also work in a federal facility so my firearm cannot be on me at work, but I still retain other elements of my EDC kit regardless of my location and without my firearm, other improvised weapons play a much bigger role at work. I think my mindset is right for a reasonable SD posture in most scenarios.

Mr. Grant is a great American and used those bottles as improvised weapons to try and distract the El Paso murderer and for that he likely saved several people from being shot and probably killed. Having never been tested in combat myself, I can only hope I'd have had the guts to do what he did, but I sure hope I would have tried because I'm not sure I could live with myself if I'd not. Kudos for a job well done, Mr. Grant and I hope your back to full health soon!

Great post Beerhunter. I agree completely. I have tried to make a conscious effort to carry at all times. Like you, I can't carry at work, although I probably could so long as not detected. Even then, I always have my knife on me. I wish they would change the rules. I'd like to think that if I could, I would try and make a difference in a scenario such as at work if I could. I know for a fact if I had no option but to "hide" it would be behind a closed door where I would be near the door, and the first thing I would say to others is this: "For those of you who are willing and able to fight, come stand with me by both sides of the door, if it opens lets attack and disarm. Two by two, pile on and don't make it easy for him".

Its a sad state that I/we live in a world where my six year old son talks about his active shooter drills, and being quiet and stuff. I try not to worry but I can't help but to do so sometimes. I wish everyone who could, would arm themselves and be vigilant, hoping and praying never to have to be tested, but ready if they needed to be. One thing I know about myself is that I will never die on my knees pleading for my life. That I am confident in. I will take my chances.
    Last edited by gatorhazard; 08-09-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Sposors