Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2020 Ballot initiative to ban "Assault Weapons" - progress tracking

Super Moderator
    Cautiously optimistic. I
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Cautiously optimistic. I

Yeah.... I have to hope they, suddenly, don't get a "last minute" spike in votes right before the deadline, leaving us with very little time to react to and/or counter it. I've seen that happen where one side doesn't report signatures as they're collected, in an effort to lull the opposite side to sleep. Then, at the last minute, the signatures get dumped in so that the opposite side doesn't have time to challenge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    "assault weapons" The definition is totally wrong! There must be a full-auto lever mounted, to make a semi-auto rifle into an assault weapon! Period.
    Hey hey hey...don’t go confusing the issue with facts!
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have updated the OP for November. To save you some scrolling here's the new update:

As of 2019-11-01:
    Gathered 115,052 (up 3,885) of 766,200 required for ballot placement (requirement not met, 651,148 still needed)
    Distribution threshold met in 0 of 14 districts required for ballot placement (requirement not met, 14 still needed)

Days remaining to signature deadline (2/1/2020): 92

Synopsis: It seems almost pointless that BAWN has submitted any signatures in the last month since they have only submitted 3,885. If they are going to make a serious effort to get this on the ballot next year they need to be turning in around 200,000+ a month now, not a few thousand. This month's total is less than the prior, and I would not be surprised if next month's total is zero. At this point they are wasting their time and money to continue to attempt to gather signatures (in my opinion). Maybe they are hoping for another mass shooting in Florida to put some wind in their sails. I don't know.

I'm going to stick with my call from last month when I said there's no way in hell they are going to make the ballot, barring some tragedy they can capitalize upon between now and 2/1.
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, HFS, PPITH, PPOTH) and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, SAF Life Member, NRA Endowment Life Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    Need a defensive force "legal plan"? Consider Self Defense Fund (SDF). Feel free to PM me with questions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the update, Brian!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Maybe they are hoping for another mass shooting in Florida to put some wind in their sails. I don't know.

I'm going to stick with my call from last month when I said there's no way in hell they are going to make the ballot, barring some tragedy they can capitalize upon between now and 2/1.
    Hoping? Or PLANNING?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Thanks for the update, Brian!
    Yes, thanks again, Brian!
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer