Strange Day In Homestead

Thread: Strange Day In Homestead

Strange Day In Homestead

I normally do not go anywhere on the Fourth Of July. But today I went to Marathon to pick up my boat. When returning, I turned off on Krome Ave, which is a really rough part of town. I opened the center console and put my hand on the Sig. A couple of blocks later the Florida City police came around me with their lights on an pulled into a motel. There was a dead guy laying in the parking lot who I learned later had been shot and killed. No one has been arrested.

With a 30 foot boat behind my truck I am not very mobile. I was able to get out of the area without issue but it is so easy to get into the middle of some crap like this!!

So...I dropped off the boat at the farm and started home. Very near my house one of my friends stopped me and said "there is a 200 pound black bear walking around in the neighborhood!!" I had to ask, have you been drinking??...lol Well it turned out to be true.

We got alligators for sure and we got huge snakes pretty often but I thought I left all the black bears in Arizona!!!...lol

Black bears don't scare me at all but my 110 pound wife may be a little bit more at risk. Black bears are normally not very aggressive but no one has seen one in Homestead in the last 40 years. You have to wonder if there is something wrong with the bear. I mean, all the bears must have smart phones by now, right, with GPS, so they can't get lost!!

I am not answering the door tonight...

When black bears leave their moma, that first year is one of the most difficult times in their life and they are more likely to attack they are like teenagers ,a mother with cubs if threatned are more dangerious.
    Florida CWFL Member NRA , Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Earl 007 View Post
    When black bears leave their moma, that first year is one of the most difficult times in their life and they are more likely to attack they are like teenagers ,a mother with cubs if threatned are more dangerious.
    I have not seen him yet. Here is a not to great photo. We use to have a good many in Arizona. Many got to breaking into cars and houses. The state gave permission to kill six of them. This one will leave the area if he does not find much to eat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	63415  

Sposors