Body cam shows man being revived with Narcan before opening fire on first responders, - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body cam shows man being revived with Narcan before opening fire on first responders,

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    I wonder what's going on in someone's head to pull out a gun and start shooting at police. You have to know it's not going to go well for you! Maybe they would rather die than go to jail
    Or suicide by cop. Maybe he tried to kill himself with the drugs, and the cops interrupted that plan. Plan B: Suicide by cop.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Maybe

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    Or suicide by cop. Maybe he tried to kill himself with the drugs, and the cops interrupted that plan. Plan B: Suicide by cop.
    Likely scenario. Too bad he murdered a firefighter in the process, though.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae (character from Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove)

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    "We happened to find the weapon while examining the patient for any bleeding, lacerations, and other injuries."
    Yes, that would be my explanation as an emergency. First responder must have recognized the overdose before getting to that point and administered Narcan, which quickly revived him. Once the OD is recognized, is it ok to then search the person before administering Narcan is really what I was asking.

I'm checking with my firefighter/EMS/son of the former County Sheriff buddy back in the DPRofMD to see what their training says on the subject.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae (character from Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove)

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Yes, that would be my explanation as an emergency. First responder must have recognized the overdose before getting to that point and administered Narcan, which quickly revived him. Once the OD is recognized, is it ok to then search the person before administering Narcan is really what I was asking.

I'm checking with my firefighter/EMS/son of the former County Sheriff buddy back in the DPRofMD to see what their training says on the subject.
    I can say that as a NJ EMT/PIT we had no such training as it was assumed that few if any of our patients would be cc'ing... After all, it was against the law in NJ without a CCW permit that was rarely if ever issued.

That and, (most of the time), we had police on the scene with us who would have cleared the scene (and the patient) prior to our treating them. Thankfully, in no case did any of my OD patients ever pull a weapon on me, even though some were pi$$ed enough to (see my post above). If we suspected an OD or "unconsciousness of unknown origin," and we saw no evidence of traumatic injury (which would necessitate an immediate full physical assessment), we would go directly for the "Bellevue Cocktail" and worry about traumatic injury/assessment, secondarily. Hence, we may not have even known the patient was armed, until it was too late. You must be real careful when administering Narcan because it has a high "barf reflex" potential. You'd best be ready to have that patient hurl violently. Stand by with an emesis basin and be ready to roll the patient on their side, if they're supine, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    They didn't pat him down before waking his a$$ up???
    Not sure what the protocol is and it sure would seem prudent, but I wonder if there are any Fourth Amendment issues of an LEO "patting down" an unconscious person?
    What about “officer safety”?
    Anyone interested in the 80's TV show Miami Vice? If so click here --->Miamiviceonline.com

The largest Miami Vice web site on the planet dedicated to all things Vice!

Don't think it was suicide by cop cause he used a bystander as human shield, He was probably just another dumb... that thinks with his anger instead of his brain

Sposors