Threat Focus II Training Class - Nov 2nd - Okeechobee
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat Focus II Training Class - Nov 2nd - Okeechobee

Threat Focus II Training Class - Nov 2nd - Okeechobee

Use of Threat Focus and Quick Kill ™ is with the expressed consent of Robin “Brownie” Brown.

To attend this class you must have first completed a Threat Focus I class conducted by myself or a previous Threat Focus class conducted by Brownie. If you have any questions about this, please contact me.

Where: http://www.okshooting.com/
    Okeechobee Shooting Sports
    7055 NE 48th St.
    Okeechobee, FL 34972

If you have not been there before you can save time by signing into their system online at: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/569667edd1326/web/

When: Saturday, November 2, 2019

Cost: $250.00 plus $20.00 range fee

Times: 10am-5pm
    Be at the range by 9:15AM to sign in at the office. We will then go to the Bay and gear up.

Requirements: Eye and ear protection; up to 800-1000 rounds of ammo if you shoot a high cap pistol or up to 600-800 rounds for single stack firearms; as many mags/speed loaders as you have; a belt, holster and an open mind.

Course description of skills covered:
    1. Range and Gun Safety
    2. Threat Focus I review
    3. In Quartata
    4. Quick Kill Hip: multiple threats from the hip
    5. Quick Kill: two handed
    6. Quick Kill vs Sighted Shooting Challenge
    8. Quick Kill vs Sighted Shooting on Multiple Targets
    7. Hiding behind a wall of bullets in-line

Special Note for this class: I would strongly suggest that you bring a pistol that has a magazine capacity of at least 10 rounds or more for this class and have at least 5 magazines (more is better) for the pistol. Mag Carriers will prove a big benefit. It will benefit you to learn the skills this way. You can then transfer the skills to a smaller carry gun afterward.

A well made strong side holster (OWB is preferred) and sturdy belt will be required for this course. Use of an IWB holster must be approved by the instructor. We will be drawing from the holster 90% of the time all weekend. A holster will allow the students be able to re-holster an unloaded firearm and be safe once off the firing line while reloading mags/speed loaders without having to handle the firearm until returning to the line. No BH Serpa holsters on the range that weekend.

These skills are reactionary in nature, similar to having to draw from the holster out on the streets if one needs to defend themselves. I understand some may use a cross draw holster, or fanny pack, or perhaps pocket carry presently, but once students have completed the course, I believe they'll find the benefit of a good strong side outside or inside the waistband holster with their future carry requirements.

Kydex or leather is acceptable. I use both in classes and either will suffice equally with the skills covered.

Any questions about the course, the materials listed we'll cover, etc don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to meeting everyone.

First 20 get a slot and we’ll take alternates if we run over on this one.

1. Caleb
    2. Caleb +1
    3. Edgehill
    4. Mrs. Edgehill
    5. Arthurdent
    6. Warrior Princess
    7. Mr Ed
    8. Artemis
    9. Barbie
    10. Jackie
    11. Jackie +1 (Donald)
    12. Jackie +2 (Landon)
    Last edited by exbluelight; 10-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    "I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." Clint Eastwood
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them." Unknown

If I qualify, count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    If I qualify, count me in.

Yes you do......and so does the young lady that outshot you in the last class you attended....
    "I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." Clint Eastwood
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them." Unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    EBL, the three title says "Dec 2nd" but down in the OP, you say "When: Saturday, November 2, 2019" and I'm guessing since Dec 2nd is a Monday, the thread title has the wrong month.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    EBL, the three title says "Dec 2nd" but down in the OP, you say "When: Saturday, November 2, 2019" and I'm guessing since Dec 2nd is a Monday, the thread title has the wrong month.
    Thank you for seeing my error....can you please fix the title to read November 2nd. ebl

Super Moderator
    BeerHunter should be there to RSO this one!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Two for the class
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan, June 6, 1984, speech at Omaha Beach Memorial
    COTEP: 739

Distinguished Member
    Please reserve spots for me and Dan.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Best to the OP and students that attend.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by exbluelight View Post
    Yes you do......and so does the young lady that outshot you in the last class you attended....
    Thank you Sir but, you didn’t have to rub my face in it again!!!! Lmao....

Actually, put me down for two (I’m sure she will want to attend). Thanks.

__________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

Sposors