First, Welcome to the forum.
You can get started on the Florida license now. Go to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website and apply online.
When you get settled in Florida you just do a change of address online.
790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—
(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, a nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if the nonresident
(a) Is 21 years of age or older.
(b) Has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued to the nonresident in his or her state of residence.
(c) Is a resident of the United States.
(2) A nonresident is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed weapon or concealed firearm as a resident of Florida who is so licensed.
(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by
(a) Registering to vote;
(b) Making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17; or
(c) Filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state,
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.
(4) This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm license holders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.
(5) The requirement of paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person who
(a) Is a service member, as defined in s. 250.01; or
(b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.
History.—s. 1, ch. 99-132; s. 2, ch. 2012-108.