Springfield 1911
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1911

Springfield 1911

I know we were talking about the basic 1911 that one company made parkerized for a good price. Brownie bought one and Rick customized it. Maybe the price was $450? Well they are not making the parkerized versions anymore but Springfield is
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...enders-series/ For $550 and probably Springfields version may be better overall quality....tempting...
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Super Moderator
    Yeah, brownie got the Auto Ordnance MILSPEC when they still offered the Parkerized finish. I was too late to get one new but that Springfield Armory version looks like a nice alternative. Love my Springfield Armory 1911, an MC Operator model that is a great shooter and the handgun in my EDC rotation that I shoot the most accurately with.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

I picked one up about the same time as Brownie started to post about his. I must be saving mine for a rainy day as it is a safe queen with 195 rounds through it. No mods were done to mine as where done for Brownie's. Now I am thinking of taking it to Gators some Monday to review what I am missing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

This runs into conflict with my savings for the Fulton armory m1a carbine.....BUT I’m always finding out if I want it get it or I’ll regret it later........missed out on the auto ordinance one too when I had the chance......and the bagwell which I’m kicking myself for
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA Life member

Quote Originally Posted by shooter4 View Post
    I know we were talking about the basic 1911 that one company made parkerized for a good price. Brownie bought one and Rick customized it. Maybe the price was $450? Well they are not making the parkerized versions anymore but Springfield is
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...enders-series/ For $550 and probably Springfields version may be better overall quality....tempting...
    They call it a milspec but it doesn't have the milspec sights like a true milspec.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    They call it a milspec but it doesn't have the milspec sights like a true milspec.
    Yup, same as my Colt Custom shop Commemorative "milspec" with my last squadron's logo and motto in that the fixed sights are not the true milspec sights.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

I got that but i think think is a nice compromise to the auto ordinance model no longer in production.
    NRA Life member

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    I like it. I've been meaning to get something like this for a while. I too had my eye on the Auto Ordnance, and never pulled the trigger. These don't seem to be available yet. I signed up on the Springfield site for email notice when they ship.
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

They seem like a lot of gun for the money to me, excellent buy!
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

So i found a defender 1911 at my local gun shop or $500.00....And brownie is correct about the sights, not Mil Spec, as well as the stainless barrel nut....disappointing also was the “parkerizing” was black and not the usual reddish coloring......since i did buy it I’m going to call Springfield and ask about that. The trigger felt pretty goo, barrel lock up nice and tight.....and i think you cant beat the price of $500 for a Springfield.....
    NRA Life member

Sposors