S. Carolina May start carrying out executions by firing squad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S. Carolina May start carrying out executions by firing squad

Distinguished Member

S. Carolina May start carrying out executions by firing squad

They can’t get the drugs to do it by lethal injection.

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/lo...b-e29e99c7ff63
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

That’ll save the taxpayers some cash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I read something yesterday that got me thinking about all the issues surrounding the lethal injections and the thought came to me - why don't they just administer a shot to the head? Quick , easy and painless. Problem solved. So many people are so weak-minded! If you commit a hideous crime and get the death penalty, you should get a month to get right with God, then you're done!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    Funny, I read something yesterday that got me thinking about all the issues surrounding the lethal injections and the thought came to me - why don't they just administer a shot to the head? Quick , easy and painless. Problem solved. So many people are so weak-minded! If you commit a hideous crime and get the death penalty, you should get a month to get right with God, then you're done!
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

I still don't get why the states that favor Capital Punishment and lethal injection don't come together and finance their own compounding facility, or contract with a facility on an "on demand" basis... Are there still patents on Sodium Thiopental or Pentobarbital, or the synthetic curare derivatives? Perhaps Texas is doing this, as they seem to find the Pentobarbital when they need it.

It seems clear to me that lethal injection is the most humane method in use today. Look at some of the other countries with capital punishment that have adopted it over firing squads (China, Thailand, even Vietnam)... Look at the level of energy the anti-death penalty forces have put into condemning lethal injection (in an effort to keep it from becoming "mainstream")... They want executions to appear as barbaric as possible, in an effort to get them outlawed.

As another alternative, besides the firing squad, I'd like to see them consider nitrogen gas (as opposed to Cyanide). Still, I would much prefer lethal injection over all other methods. I don't oppose firing squad, but there could be a reasonable argument made that it is "cruel and unusual," as it may take a few seconds before the body goes unconscious and into shock... I just don't want the anti-death penalty folk to have the opportunity to say it is...

Quote Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
    I still don't get why the states that favor Capital Punishment and lethal injection don't come together and finance their own compounding facility, or contract with a facility on an "on demand" basis... Are there still patents on Sodium Thiopental or Pentobarbital, or the synthetic curare derivatives? Perhaps Texas is doing this, as they seem to find the Pentobarbital when they need it.

It seems clear to me that lethal injection is the most humane method in use today. Look at some of the other countries with capital punishment that have adopted it over firing squads (China, Thailand, even Vietnam)... Look at the level of energy the anti-death penalty forces have put into condemning lethal injection (in an effort to keep it from becoming "mainstream")... They want executions to appear as barbaric as possible, in an effort to get them outlawed.

As another alternative, besides the firing squad, I'd like to see them consider nitrogen gas (as opposed to Cyanide). Still, I would much prefer lethal injection over all other methods. I don't oppose firing squad, but there could be a reasonable argument made that it is "cruel and unusual," as it may take a few seconds before the body goes unconscious and into shock... I just don't want the anti-death penalty folk to have the opportunity to say it is...

I hear what your saying but, why are they worried about cruel and unusual punishment for people that are animals and have caused MUCH more cruel and unusual punishment for their victims. It makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    I hear what your saying but, why are they worried about cruel and unusual punishment for people that are animals and have caused MUCH more cruel and unusual punishment for their victims. It makes no sense
    Well, it all comes down to that single, fundamental question I always say must be asked and answered by everyone... "Are there crimes and circumstances for which the 'forfeiture of life' is that necessary and sufficient measure of justice?" For most of the anti-death penalty crowd, the answer is "No, there aren't." I guess they believe that all people, regardless of what they've done in life, have a "right to life." That, unless I guess, we're talking about a yet to be born child.... The "cruel & unusual" part I think is just an "available means" to argue that Capital Punishment should be outlawed, in the first place... an argument backed up by a US Constitutional amendment and one of the original "Bill of rights." Why not use it that way?

It seems, most of those anti-death penalty people either can't, or don't want to consider things from the victim's perspective. What happened to the victim's "right to life?" That's what it's all about for me, at least. I don't care at all about "deterrence" or "recidivism" or any of that. Those victims (and their survivors) deserve justice. And yes, the answer to my own question is that there *are* crimes and circumstances that merit the "forfeiture of life." The victims of those particular crimes *do* deserve that measure of justice and, especially, since they aren't here any longer to argue for themselves. We need to be their advocates.

That said, "how" that justice is administered, I think, is something different, and I believe it should be done in the most humane way possible. Otherwise, the anti-death penalty people can argue that it is "vengeance" and not "justice" that's driving us. Therefore, 1) Lethal Injection; 2) Nitrogen gas; 3) Firing squad as a last resort. At least with these methods, there is also the potential for some form of organ donations that would be impossible with the chair and cyanide gas, etc.

I am all for these animals dying the same way their victim(s) died. But that is my opinion.
    Joe KN4URL

Twitter: sickpirate69
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    COTEP

And shepherds we shall be
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I am all for these animals dying the same way their victim(s) died. But that is my opinion.
    ^^^^ I like that !

I thought "International Law" so beloved by the Supreme Court of the US of A, recommended or required execution by hanging.
    Geoff
    Who notes WW2.
    NRA Life Member

Sposors